Asymmetrical Silicone Implant - Nose Ruined?

I had rhinoplasty one month ago which the doctor put in an silicone implant to make my nose bigger. It is tilted to one side however. I know the asymmetry might be due to swelling but when i touch it,it doesn't just feel like a bump from swelling. It's really smooth when my finger runs through the nose. It feels like the implant is placed more to the right. I told my doctor about my concern and he seems very annoyed and impatient. I'm very very stressed out and I dont know what to do.

Asymmetrical Silicone Nasal Implant

+1

Your surgeon apparently feels the asymmetry is due to post-op swelling. The easiest way to address your dilemma is to get a second opinion.  Post-op movement of a silicone implant is a well-known possible complication.

Rhinoplasty and Implants

+1

One month out, it is sometime very difficult to tell if it is swelling, or something else, like the implant.

You need to be patient as you have a long way to go before anyone would consider doing anything further to your nose.  Rhinoplasty revision is usually done when you are about 1 year out from surgery.

You certainly can seek a second opinion, but I feel that it is too early to judge things at this point.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Asymmetry in rhinoplasty after silicone implant.

+1

It sounds like you need an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for a second opinion. He can examine the nose and tell you if this is swelling or  a deviation of the implant.