Asymmetrical Silicone Implant - Nose Ruined?

I had rhinoplasty one month ago which the doctor put in an silicone implant to make my nose bigger. It is tilted to one side however. I know the asymmetry might be due to swelling but when i touch it,it doesn't just feel like a bump from swelling. It's really smooth when my finger runs through the nose. It feels like the implant is placed more to the right. I told my doctor about my concern and he seems very annoyed and impatient. I'm very very stressed out and I dont know what to do.

Asymmetrical Silicone Nasal Implant

+1

Your surgeon apparently feels the asymmetry is due to post-op swelling. The easiest way to address your dilemma is to get a second opinion.  Post-op movement of a silicone implant is a well-known possible complication.

Rhinoplasty and Implants

+1

One month out, it is sometime very difficult to tell if it is swelling, or something else, like the implant.

You need to be patient as you have a long way to go before anyone would consider doing anything further to your nose.  Rhinoplasty revision is usually done when you are about 1 year out from surgery.

You certainly can seek a second opinion, but I feel that it is too early to judge things at this point.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Asymmetry in rhinoplasty after silicone implant.

+1

It sounds like you need an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for a second opinion. He can examine the nose and tell you if this is swelling or  a deviation of the implant.

An asymmetrical nose implant may be improved without further surgery.

+1

It sounds like your nasal implant may have shifted causing the appearance to look tilted. Sometimes this tilted appearance may be improved by an Injectable Filler treatment to selectively add more volume. My personal preference for Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty procedures is Silikon-1000 for permanent results. Feel free to email your photos along with a description, and I'll be happy to share my thoughts with you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon