Before and After of Rhinoplasty to Make Nose Less Masculine

So I went to my consultaion for a rhinoplasty and all went well, but she did not want to show me any photos of here Rhinoplasty work because each patient will have deferent results. I was wondering is that odd, I did my reserch on this Dr. and eveything came up great, she works for the University Of Penn Hospitals which is one of the top hospitals in Philadelphia. I cant wait.

Rhinoplasty Consultation Without Pictures of Surgeon's Work

+4

It is very unusual for a rhinoplasty surgeon not to show examples of their work, especially when photos are requested. I sugest you get other consultations. There are many excellent surgeons in your part of the country.

The before and after pictures are like resume of the surgeon

+3

The art of plastic surgery is all about images and the results. Most plastic surgeons can not wait to show their work. Please have more than one consultation and make sure to see before and after pictures.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

My Nose Surgeon Refused to Show Me Pictures of Her Work. Is that Unusual?

+3

Regarding: "Rhinoplasty to Make Nose Less Masculine
So I went to my consultaion for a rhinoplasty and all went well, but she did not want to show me any photos of here Rhinoplasty work because each patient will have deferent results. I was wondering is that odd, I did my reserch on this Dr. and eveything came up great, she works for the University Of Penn Hospitals which is one of the top hospitals in Philadelphia. I cant wait
."

In answer to your question - yes, it is somewhat odd. There is no reason why you should not see before and after pictures of someone's work as long as you understand that your results may differ.

I would recommend you see more than one surgeon and hear several opinions before settling and having your surgery.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Selecting a Rhinoplasty Surgeon

+3

I would consider 2 or 3 more consultations - If for nothing else just to get more information that will help you make a better decision.  In addition , working for a respected University program my not be the best criteria to select a rhinoplasty surgeon. University programs tend to focused more on research, training other surgeons (ie. not ever surgeon at a university program will be a good rhinoplasty surgeon).   Insist on seeing lest 50 or more before and after photos performed by  your Plastic Surgeon.  Many University surgeons work in groups that train other fellows and residents - make sure that you know who's work your looking at.   

Daniel Reichner, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to feminize the nose

+2

The rhinoplasty procedure is done to feminize and refine the nose. The nasal bridge can be made more narrow after any hump is removed. The tip can be narrowed and refined through tip suturing techniques and removal of cartilage. Alar base resections can be performed, such as Weirs or alarplasty to reduce the size of the nostrils.  

Making a nose look more feminine and less masculine

+2

I would ask to review expectations and the planned procedure. Computer imaging could provide you with the ability to see the potential results on your face but is not 100% predictable.

Going to a University for cosmetic surgery

+2

Having directed a University plastic surgery training program for 10 years I can say that you need to be sure who is going to do your surgery.  I did all of my own surgery and eventually went not private practice but in many programs, a trainee will be doing the surgery with the professor supervising.  You should be sure you know this before proceeding.  

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Speak with Patients instead of Seeing Pictures

+2

Instead of seeing pictures, perhaps you could ask to speak with 3 of her patients from the past year who underwent rhinoplasty? That way you could make sure that your doctor has some contented rhinoplasty patients.

George Sanders, MD

Rhinoplasty

+2

Certainly noses can be made a little less masculine.  As for the photo  issue, you can ask and they should show something?

Ethnic rhinoplasty for a less masculine nose.

+1

This can be done by a surgeon who is experienced in ethnic rhinoplasty as well as facial feminization surgery. I like to make the nose more feminine without making it look done which is possible. Find a surgeon in your area who does this.