How Can Rhinoplasty Make Nose More Masculine?

Hello, I am a 20 year old male and I feel my nose is very feminine (photo on the left). I wondered if its possible to make the nose wider and and my nasal tip less pointy and more rounded like my photo on the right shows shows, can anybody help? Thank you.

Rhinoplasty for a more masculine nose

+2

Several features of a nose help to convey a more masculine look to the face. A strong nasal dorsum (bridge) is one that really comes to mind. Widening the nose may help to make your face more masculine, but the nose has to blend in with the rest of your face in order to look appropriate on your face.

Rhinoplasty is capable of many changes to your nose, but there are definitely limitations. I would consult with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon and tell them what your desires are. They should be able to give you some helpful suggestions to accomplish your desired goals.

Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Male Rhinoplasty

+1

Male rhinoplasties are completely different. The principles may be similar to the female rhinoplasty, but the end result needs to be much different in that the nose has to match masculine facial features which means it cannot have as a refined nasal tip nor a significant, if any, nasal supratip break area.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Rhinoplasty to make a nose more masculine

+1

A masculine nose is generally bigger, longer, and wider.  A feminine nose is smaller and more triangular.  Your nose can be masculinized; first we have to see more pictures- I'm not convinced you need any surgery at all. 

Ramtin Kassir, MD

Rhinoplasty can make nose more masculine

+1

It is possible to do reverse osteotomies to widen the nasal bridge. Cartilage grafts, such as spreader grafts can be used to create width to the lower third of the nose. Alar batten graft will make the tip less pointy if needed.

More masculine nose

+1

It is possible to make the nose wider and add fullness to the tip. I would need to see additional photos and/or perform an examination to give you the best advice. Thank you and best of luck.

Dr. Nassif

Paul S. Nassif, MD

More Masculine Nose

+1

An ideal nose should be in proportion to the surrounding facial structures." Masculine" therefore usually suggests a larger nose with more projection and stature. The nose can be augmented in rhinoplasty surgery. Because this is an unusual request , be real clear with your surgeon what will be changed.

Male nose modification

+1

You have a relatively uncommon request however this is veru possible and fairly simple to do.

Cartilage from your septum would have to be transferred to your dorsum (bridge) and nasal sidewalls as well as your tip. Spreader grafts and alar spreader grafts are several specific ways to accomplish widening of your midvault (middle third of your nose) and the bridge and the lower tip cartilages.

In exterme cases or in cases where you would need or want a very dramatic widening effect, a tiny piece of your own rib cartilage can be grafted.

Hope this helps.

Ashkan Ghavami, MD

Masculinizing the nose

+1

Black,

Your request is a unique one. But, indeed the nose can be masculinized. It would most likely involve the use of cartilage grafts to widen your cartilages and possibly even breaking your nasal bones to widen them as well. Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Plastic surgery for a masculine nose.

+1

Certain features are said to make a nose appear more feminine. These incude the angle of the columella with the lip. However, making the tip more broad is significantly more difficult and may require more aggressive managemetn of the lower lateral cartilages with onlay grafts. Seek a consultation with an experienced surgeon.

Rhinoplasty Can Give a Nose More Masculine Features

+1

Hi Black,

Rhinoplasty, using cartilage grafts from your nasal septal cartilage, can accomplish the changes in your nose that your desire. The most important aspect for you is choosing your surgeon most carefully as it is not "rhinoplasty", but the surgeon that will help you achieve the results that you desire.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD