Should I Get Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)? (photo)

I must say that I'm 16 years old and I've been conscious about its size, but I never realize how bad it looked, especially from the side, and especially in pictures until middle school. My family has a huge history or normal, straight, and smooth noses, and maybe even some noses with an incline on the bridge. I was thinking of getting a nose job similar to my brother's so that the nose is technically in my gene pool. I also have some slight inflammation in my sinuses, maybe it'll cure it? Pics:

Get a couple of rhinoplasty consultations.

+2

Hi.

I think you will look better if you have a rhinoplasty.  Most patients are happy.  You need to be sure that you are really motivated.

Rhinoplasty to Reduce the Size of the Nose

+2

There are many techniques to reduce the size of various parts of the nose, and rhinoplasty can address all of these things.  Sinus problems are not treated with rhinoplasty.

Should I Get Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)?

+1

Since you are 16, please share this answer with your parents.  From the photos provided, the nose appears a bit large with a dorsal hump.  Rhinoplasty can remove the hump and make the nose smaller and more refined.  The chin is also quite weak which makes the nose appear larger than it really is.  The Chin can be augmented with a Chin Implant to balance the nose and the entire lower face.  Hope this helps.

Teen age rhinoplasty

+1

you are at the age when a rhinoplasty would be helpful.  you sound realistic about expectations.

i routinely use a computer imaging system to formulate my surgical plan - it helps the patients and their family visualize desired outcomes

in my practice i commonly treat functional and aesthetic concerns at the same surgical setting

best of luck

David V. Martini, MD
Elkton Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty in men

+1

If you are unhappy with the appearance of your nose, then I suggest you go to a plastic surgeon with your parents for evaluation.  Good luck.