Can Rhinoplasty Make my Nose More Defined? (photo)

I had a non surgical nose job less than a year ago and loved the results. It didn't last very long at all, maybe 4 months. I wanted to know whether I would be a good candidate for rhinoplasty. I have a drooping tip and want the area between my eyebrows (i'm not sure what it is called) lifted up or filled. I'm considering Artefill, but I really want it to be permanent. When I had Radiesse injected I constantly checked to see if the filler was still there. Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Rhinoplasty for more defined nose

+1

It is not a good idea to continue injecting dermal filler in to the nose. This only complicates the surgical procedure if you are really going to have a rhinoplasty. Certainly the tip can be slightly lifted, the hump removed and increasing of the naso-frontal angle can all be performed along with osteotomies to narrow the bridge and get more shape to the sidewalls of the nose.  

Rhinoplasty for Definition

+1

Definition is always a goal in every rhinoplasty procedure. As you have seen, the disadvantage of most fillers is a temporary result. Having experienced that, you can clearly describe what you want to achieve. As a young man, it is better to get a permanent result, rather than spending the rest of your life improving your nasal appearance.

Rhinoplasty for more definition

+1

The short answer to your question of whether rhinoplasty can make your nose more defined is yes. If you were happy with the way the fillers looked, the option to make more permanent changes to your nose via surgery might be in order. I would certainly recommend a consultation with a surgeon who can look at you in person and take your facial structure and overall goals into account. Then you both can figure out what the best option for you is.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Rocks

+1

As a Facial Plastic Surgeon, Rhinoplasty is one of the most common operations I perform. In reviewing your photo I would not do a "non-surgical" procedure, but instead proceed with endonasal rhinoplasty to give you the permanent results that you desire. I reserve my non-surgical cases for minor touchups or patients who are felt to be to sick to tolerate a general anesthesia. Find yourself an experienced Rhinoplasty surgeon, critically review their before and after photos and inquiry about their revision rate. Good Luck & God Bless!

Daniel J. Leeman, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty after non surgical nose job.

+1

You can get the results you want permanently with a rhinoplasty. It will help you achieve results you cannot get with fillers. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the best result.

Surgical vs Non Surgical Nose Job

+1

Will,

Non-surgical nose jobs commonly use filler to soften transitions or fill depressions, but they tend to not make the nose more defined.  They can make the angles more crisp, but not necessarily more defined.

Traditional rhinoplasty is a wonderful operation in the right hands and you can make substantial improvements to the nose. From the single picture you submitted, it does appear that you would be a possible candidate for the operation.  Rather than filling the depression in the area between the brows you can reduce the bump on the bridge or even permanently fill the area with cartilage.

No matter what you decide to do make sure you do it with a board certified physician experienced in rhinoplasty. Best of luck

Vince Marin, MD

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Rhinoplasty for Drooping Nasal Tip and Low Rhion

+1

Hi Will,

Rhinoplasty can be performed to achieve the  results that you are desiring.  it is most important that you choose an experienced and skilled rhinoplasty surgeon that you trust.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Encino, CA

Michael A. Persky, MD

Recommend surgical for the optimal result

+1

Looking at the single 3/4 view photo I would recommend a surgical rhinoplasty.  It is the only way to give you what you want from the way you are speaking.  I reserve non-surgical rhinoplasty (fillers) for patients who have a minimal deformity or their medical history or anatomy prevents them from having a regular rhinoplasty.  Good luck.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical rhinoplasty

+1

I would recommend that you consider a traditional rhinoplasty rather than a non-surgical permanent filler at your relatively young age.

Rhinoplasty

+1

That is the problem with just using fillers.  A rhinoplasty would give permanent changes and correct tip descent or radix depressions.