Bulbous, Uneven and Bent Nose After Rhinoplasty

had cast on for 2 weeks, one week after cast off started swelling ike this.i have seen surgeon and she said to masage and ut pressure on nose. it oly makes it worse and more deformed. what is rong with this???? had bump removed and cartilage taken off 

Uneven, swollen and bulbous nose after a rhinoplasty...

+1

Uneven, swollen and bulbous appearance to the nose after a rhinoplasty can be normal.  Due to the healing process, the nose can swell and have the look of being uneven for up to six months to a year in some cases.  During this time you should make regularly scheduled post operative appointments with  surgeon to monitor your progression.  He may want you to massage the nose a certain way, apply tape, or inject steriods.  After waiting  the sufficient time, if the results are unsatisfactory I would discuss the possibility of a revision rhinoplasty. 

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bent nose

+1

Dear Dexta - thanks for your question and sorry that you are having outcomes trouble - I am in agreement with the panel who suggest that your surgery did not go as planned - it does appear that the left side of the nose has lost support and structure - this may actually worsen as the healing contracture takes place.  Not having any pre-operative pictures I am concerned that a pre-existing cartilage or support issue is now made much worse by whatever was done so far. You need to wait the required 8-12 months prior to making a decision about revision surgery.

Paul E. Kelly, MD
Hamptons Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

From your posted photos there is an issue. Appears as a poorly preformed rhinoplasty. It would be helpful to see before photos. In any case obtain other opinions. From MIAMI 

Bulbous, Uneven,Bent Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

You do not mention when the rhinoplasty was done, but you should disuss the possible need for a revision with your surgeon. If the surgery was recent,  your nose will cintinue to change as the swelling resolves.

Unfavorable results after rhinoplasty.

+1

It takes 6-12 months for the swelling to go down after nasal surgery, In the mean time I would see a revision rhinoplasty specialist for a second opinion since you are very worried about the final result.

Nostril problem

+1

Without a full exam it is hard to say exactly, but it looke like your nostril was brought in too much and some cartilage in the alar rim may have been removbed. Mind you, you still will have alot of swelling and this shoudl improve with time.

Uneven, bulbous and bent nose

+1

Hi,

It looks like you had too much cartilage removed and too much nostril narrowing on the left side. The swelling may go down some if it is early after surgery but the other parts of your nose may not improve. You may need to have a revision in the future.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Uneven bent nose after rhinoplasty

+1

Your pictures do confirm problems which are likely to last. The nostril has lost support on the left and my bet is a revision is in your future. Massage will not hurt nor will it change things for the better. Consider adjustment after six to twelve months.

peterejohnsonmd

You may need revision

+1
The before picture would have been helpful. The post surgery results are not acceptable and I would think that your surgeon also is not happy with result and would do revision.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon