How Soon After Surgical Rhinoplasty Can One Have Fillers?

i absolutely dislike the outcome of my surgical Rhinoplasty. It appears that I have all of the following:

• bossing (therefore a crooked nose)
  • drooping tip
  • collapsed valve
  • notching of the alar rim
  • pollybeak deformity

I spoke to several of my doctor's former patients and they all complained of similar outcomes even 3 years on. That's why I know it's not residual swelling. Which of the deformities can non-surgical nose jobs tackle, and how soon after Rhinoplasty can I have injectable fillers as a temporary fix before I can afford revision?

Injectable fillers not recommended for temporary rhinoplasty fix

+1

It is best not to have injectable fillers placed inside the nose. With as many issues as you have with regards to your nose, the best idea is to have a revision rhinoplasty surgery to address the notch in the alar rim, pollybeak deformity, crooked nose and bossa formation. These can all be addressed by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who is well versed in various techniques can give you an excellent outcome for your specific problem. It is not advisable to have injectables to try to correct this many problems on your nose. There have been disastrous complications from fillers placed inside the nose, and they should be avoided.

Fillers after Rhinoplasty

+1

The abnormalities you describe are very difficult to correct with fillers and the results would be temporary. Wait a year and get permanent improvement working with a surgeon experienced in revision rhinoplasty. I'm sorry you have financial pressure, but don't do anything that will make the ultimate correction more challenging with the presence of residual filler.

See an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon.

+1

You must wait at least 6 months and 12 is better to have fillers. If you can, save your money and get the revision done sooner. Make sure the surgeons does many revisions per year. We see patients who have had there nose done 4 times or more---don't be one of them.

Fillers & Injectables for Post-Rhinoplasty Deformities

+1

While it is frustrating for patients to wait for the swelling to subside after a rhinoplasty, the best long-term solution to adequately address post-rhinoplasty deformities is to wait a minimum of 6 to 12 months before considering any fillers or injectibles.

The deformity of nose will dictate how much of the injectable substance is required to achieve the desired result. While injectable fillers may be appropriate for treating localized deformities such as depressions or a low bridge, large volumes are required for an substantial change in nasal shape.

Most of the products that have been on the market for the last several years are temporary. However, newer, longer-lasting fillers have become available. Some of these are permanent. This poses a problem when the result does not meet the patient's expectations.

C. Spencer Cochran, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon