Revision Rhinoplasty- Columella Strut, Rib Cartilage- No External Splint?

hi im due to have a columella strut placed using rib cartilegde next week. i was wondering. is there anyway to request i dont have a big splint placed on my nose as im not having any work done on my bridge? i havnt told my perents im having this done and would like to recover at him without looking like ive been hit my a truck. i understand i will have internal splints and a mild packing for a day as ive had this procedure before.

Rhinoplasty and columella strut

+1

Depending upon what exactly is done, you probably need a splint.  Especially if the soft tissue of the nose is elevated off of the framework.  If you are recuperating at home with family it will be obvious either way.

Nasal Splint Following Surgery

+1

If you are only having a columellar strut placed, you will usually not need a splint. It would be best for you to speak with your surgeon, as he/she will be able to provide you with advice. Thank you, and I hope this helps.

Dr. Nassif

Paul S. Nassif, MD