Can I Have a Rhinoplasty and Neck Lift at the Same Time?

I am interested in a septo/rhinoplasty for a deviated septum, and to do some minimal change cosmetically (small dorsal hump slight droopy tip). I am also interested in having my neck muscle tightened (neck lift), as I've always had a weak neck line since I was young. I've already had one consult for my neck and was told my chin is not recessed nor do I need lipo as there is no fat, just a weak neck muscle. Can these two things be done at the same time or is it to much at once?

Rhinoplasty & neck lift can be done at the same time

+1

It is very common to undergo rhinoplasty and neck lift simultaneously.  However, it is important to understand that undergoing septoplasty at the same time as a neck lift, the patient will have a difficult time breathing out of the nose because of congestion and tightness in the neck.  Claustrophobic patients are best treated with cortisone shots into the turbinates so that they can still feel as if they are breathing well after the combination of both of these surgeries.  It is also best to find a facial plastic surgeon that has lots of experience in both rhinoplasty and neck surgery, who has performed both of the procedures individually and in combination many thousands of times.  

To do photo imaging with your own photo, download our iPhone app free of charge.  Just enter "Seattle Plastic Surgery with Dr. Portuese" as search terms.  Once downloaded, you can simulate rhinoplasty by changing the shape of your nose to be smaller, larger, etc... You can simulate a neck lift as well. 

Rhinoplasty in Combination with Other Facial Plastic Surgery Procedures

+1

Yes, rhinoplasty can be done with essentially almost any other facial plastic surgery procedure. From what you have described, your neck would benefit from a neck lift with possibly some work to tighten the platysma neck muscle to create a tighter sling and a more aesthetic result.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, Chin Implant and Facelift Together

+1

I commonly perform rhinoplasty and facelifts at the same time.  Depending upon your surgeon's comfort level, it is certainly not too much surgery to do at one sitting.  The obvious advantage will be to combine your recovery time into one period.  Looking at your pictures, I would recommend strongly that you have a chin implant.  It will enhance both your rhinoplasty and neck lift results.   Best wishes!

James C. Marotta, MD
Long Island Facial Plastic Surgeon

Necks and Noses Can Go Together. Why Not?

+1

Hello, " A New Nose".

You can also call yourself " A Better Neck", although to give you my best opinion re that, would have been great to see a profile including the entire face and neck.

First, ideal to combine the two procedures. No good reason not to. Same recovery, one anesthetic, $$$ saved compared to doing independently.

How much needs to be done to neck depends on the anatomy. Maybe or maybe not  a chin implant. Neck sculpture, which is a more ambitious but " better result" procedure --compared to simple neck liposuction -- involves removing most accessible fat from the front of the neck plus tightening the presumed slack platysma muscles to form in internal sling or corset. A great procedure. single horizonal incision under the chin, nicely hidden.

Check out our and other website photos to see what can be accomplished. Smart way to get a super profile.

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS

Author, SECRETS OF  A  BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON

Robert Kotler, MD

Rhinoplasty, Beverly Hills Rhinoplasty, Nasal Refinement, Nose Job, Closed Rhinoplasty, Open Rhinoplasty.

+1

I don't see any reason that you couldn't have a septo Rhinoplasty and an Arm Lift at the same time but these are the types of things that you should discuss with the plastic and cosmetic surgeon during your consultation.

Rhinoplasty (nose job) and neck lift

+1

Having rhinoplasty and neck lift is definitely possible during the same operative setting.  This will save a second anesthetic, a second recovery, and save you time and money.  Seek an experienced surgeon who can perform both well.    

Etai Funk, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Necklift and Rhinoplasty at the Same Time

+1

If you're going to have a rhinoplasty and necklift, not only can you have both done at the same time but you should do both procedures during the same operation. You'll have only one operation, one anesthetic , and one recovery.

Rhinoplasty and Submentoplasty can be done together

+1

Based on your profile photo, you would be a good candidate for Rhinoplasty with Submentoplasty. Chin Implant would also sharpen the angle between your chin and neck. The platysma muscle needs to be tightened and the sub-platysmal fat pad reduced to really improve this area. Dr. G.

Edward J. Gross, MD
Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty And Necklift Can Be Safely Performed At The Same Time

+1

It is very common to perform many different combinations of facial plastic surgery procedures at the same time. This is not only well tolerated by the face but is more efficient for your recovery and often more economical as well. Many different forms of facelifts and a rhinoplasty are one of those very popular facial surgery combinations.

Neck lift and rhinoplasty

+1

A neck lift and a rhinoplasty can certainly be done at the same time.  It should not be a problem to do them together..