Rhinoplasty for Natural Hump?

I have a tiny natural hump on my nose. Should I undergo Rhinoplasty?

Tiny hump may not be worth undergoing rhinoplasty

+1

If the hump is so tiny, it is probably not worth undergoing a rhinoplasty at this point. The hump can be removed with a small shave, without having to narrow the sidewalls of the nose.

Cosmetic procedures are performed at your request

+1

Only if the hump bothers you. Any surgery carries risk and you should undergo this elective procedure if YOU feel you will benefit. In general, there are no functional benefits to hump removal and therefore it is considered essentially a cosmetic procedure.

Rhinoplasty surgery for nasal bumps

+1

Bumps on the top of the nose are a common reason patients seek rhinoplasty. Most nasal bumps are natural, and develop as we age, while fewer are do to trauma or injuries. Bumps are commonly made of both bone and cartilage. Rhinoplasty surgery (nose job) is the best long-term method to reduce or remove a bump. Rhinoplasty is a personal decision. Once you are ready for nasal surgery, speak with a specialist who can perform a comprehensive evaluation and determine if rhinoplasty surgery is appropriate for you. Best of luck.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for nasal hump

+1

The natural hump on your nose likely bothers you - otherwise, why would you have posted this question! That being said, a dorsal hump can be addressed with a rhinoplasty. The hump can be lowered in height in a relatively straightforward manner and, if necessary, the bones can be broken along the side of the hump to prevent an abnormally wide appearance after the hump has been taken down.

Your best best is a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon to discuss this in more detail. Best of luck!

Sam Jejurikar, MD

Rhinoplasty and a hump

+1

If the hump on yoru nose bothers you, then a rhinoplasty is a straightforward way to alleviate the problem.  If is really small, then a small procedure under local anesthesia maybe possible.

Finesse rhinoplasty.

+1

Hi!

1) The question you ask can be asked for any cosmetic sugery. Cosmetic surgery is generally safe and effective, but it is not necessary.

2) So you have to be motivated. If the bump on your nose really bothers you, I am surre it is easy to fix. We frequently do rhinoplasties on people who do not have terrible noses. You just need to have something that can be corrected.

3) A tiny change in the nose can make a big improvement in the face.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Rhinoplasty for "Tiny" Hump on Nose?

+1

Hi Anon,

Only if the bump bothers you and you have given it thought for some time.

From your description of the tiny little bump you would likely be a candidate for a subtle rhinoplasty. Just make sure that your rhinoplasty surgeon understands exactly what you desire, and that you choose a surgeon who doesn't give every patient the same "nose jobbed" nose.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Natural nose bump

+1

Anon,

You should have your bump removed only if it really negatively impacts your life or self image. Be prepared if you do have the surgery because you might not recognize yourself for a while after. This can be a very disconcerting feeling for some patients, but usually goes away after a few weeks to months if it occurs. Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Who should have Rhinoplasty

+1

The question of whether or not you should have rhinoplasty is a decision that you have to make. If you post pictures, we may be able to give you more specific advice on your options. However, no one needs to have cosmetic surgery. It is a choice for you to make. Good luck with your procedure.

David Shafer, MD

Consider a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty for a small nose-bump.

+1

If the small bump on your nose is all that bothers you, you could camouflage it by using Injectable Fillers above and below the bump. The results can be dramatic; the expense is minimal, and thare is no downtime.

I've attached a photo demonstrating Injectable Fillers to camouflage a nose-bump.

I hope this helps, and best regards.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon