Rhinoplasty - Upturned? Recommendation? (photo)

Until recently I had no problem with my nose, until someone told me that it looked angled upwards. The more I look at it, the more I feel they are right. And am considering rhinoplasty to make my nasolabial angle smaller. I am entirely new to the whole idea, and I'm still not sure if it is the right thing for me. I was hoping to get additional feedback on whether this is something I should pursue or not. Ever since it was brought up, I have been self-conscious about my nose. Here's a picture.

Decreasing Nasal Tip Rotation

+2

The nose can be lengthened and tip rotation decreased but this procedure requires this use of cartilage grafts in a patient like you. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon because on the basis of the one picture you submitted I would discourage you from having this procedure. You must consider the ratio of risk/reward. You might consider a chin implant.

Recommendations On A Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Bruce,

Although you have shared a single photo, it seems that you are looking to increase your nasal tip projection - a procedure that requires the use of cartilage grafts - and addressing the rotation of the nasal tip.

However, it is not possible to provide you with a solid opinion before a physical examination and weighing the risks and the benefits of the procedure that is projected to be delicate.

That being said please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of corrective surgeries dramatically.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS