Rhinoplasty Recommended for Narrowing Nose Due to Thick Skin?

My nose appears to be very thick, and I think I have thick skin as well, which, to my understanding, is a problem. Also the tip is asymmetrical. (I can feel something out of place and pushing it inside makes somewhat of a click). Is rhinoplasty recommended?

Thick skin can limit results of rhinoplasty

+1

A rhinoplasty is not recommended for very thick skin on the nose. Thick skin will blunt and obliterate any surgical changes to the cartilage of the nasal tip and just lead to further healing problems with scar formation and fluid retention. It is very difficult, if not impossible, to thin down very thick skin.

Skin thickness will influence Rhinoplasty results

+1

Skin thickness will always influence the results achieved with rhinoplasty surgery. However, nasal appearance is usually improved. During a consultation, you can determine if reasonable expectations will satisfy you. The picture you submitted does show relatively normal thickness for male skin. I encourage you to consider surgery.

Rhinoplasty

+1

This is a cosmetic procedure, and therefore it can't be "recommended" The most important first question is "are you unhappy with the appearance of your nose?" If so, a consultation with a plastic surgeon is indicated so that a full evaluation and treatment plan can be formulated, and you can get an idea of realistic expectations.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Rhinoplasty Surgery can improve the appearance of your nose.

+1

Your tip appears a bit droopy, and there is slight asymmetry with the left hanging a bit lower than the right. I don't think the thickness of your skin would be problematic if you decide to undergo surgery.

Please consult a qualified, experienced rhinoplasty specialist so you can discuss your concerns and learn what's feasible with Rhinoplasty Surgery. You'll also learn what's making the click when you push on your nose.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for Wide Nose with Thick Skin

+1

Hi Nose in Israel,

Your nose in the photo looks great. What you are feeling inside your nose sounds to be your nasal septum ( the center divider between the nostrils). If it is deviated and obstructing your breathing it can be corrected via septoplasty.

Based on your photo and what you have described, I would not recommend rhinoplasty. You should consult with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for a detailed exam and then your questions can be answered.

Good luck and be well. Shalom

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Asymmetry of the nasal tip and thick skin with rhinoplasty

+1

The primary question is do you like the appearance of your nose which I cannot gather but only assume from your question.

Asymmetry of the nasal tip requires a combination of approaches to address the septum as well as the lower lateral cartilages which is probably more than you want to know.

Rhinoplasty for narrowing nose

+1

A nose is not wide because of thick skin, but because of the way the nasal bones are flaring and the upper lateral cartilages under and below them are related to each other. Thick skin may make the process a bit more challenging.

I have seen noses MUCH wider than yours and skin that was much thicker than yours. The clicking you feel is most likely the rubbing of one of the rubbing of one of the nose tip cartilage (lower lateral cartilage medial crus or foot plate) against the leading edge of the septum - not an anomaly.

If you want your nose narrowed - a rhinoplasty Will do it. If you want your nasal tip refined, a rhinoplasty can do it.

The ONLY indication for doing it is cosmetic - a better appearing nose. If you want it - get it. Israel has a lot of good Plastic surgeons especially in Raanana and Tel Aviv.