Would rhinoplasty narrow my nose? (Photo)

Hi, I was wondering what techniques would be used to narrow the nose? And how natural the result can be? Attached a pic, I feel my nose is rather wide and bulbous.

Narrow nose

To narrow the tip, excision of tissue in the ala or the nasal sill is required.  This can result in visible scars so unless tip width is significant, I would avoid this.  Narrowing the dorsum is more straight forward although it requires osteotomies (fracture of the bones).  Best wishes!

Rhinoplasty often aims to make nose more delicate by reducing its heaviness and making it narrow

Narrow, more delicate and softer nose are aim of most rhinoplasties.  Yes, rhinoplasty will narrow your nose by infracture of nasal bones.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Rhinoplasty to narrow the nose

Narrowing a wide nose is accomplished with a combination of  techniques during the rhinoplasty procedure. Medial and lateral osteotomies of the nasal bones will narrow the bridge line. Suture techniques to the lower lateral cartilages and sometimes a conservative cartilage removal can be performed when necessary to narrow the nasal tip. An alar-plasty is performed to narrow wide nostrils. 

Would rhinoplasty narrow my nose?

You have a very nice nose which needs very little.  Be sure to discuss your concerns with your rhinoplasty surgeon, as it appears you would only need the tip thinned and refined minimally. 

Would rhinoplasty narrow my nose?

You have a very nice nose, and only conservative tip refinement through a closed approach would be recommended on my part.

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties, has great reviews, and has great before and after pictures.

Would rhinoplasty narrow my nose?

More photos and/or an exam would be necessary to provide you with the best advice. In general, rhinoplasty can narrow the nose and make subtle changes that will help improve its appearance. I would recommend speaking with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. He/she will evaluate your nose in person and advise accordingly. Computer imaging software may be used to morph a photo of you, which will give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Would rhinoplasty narrow my nose?

Based ONLY on the ONE posted photo I do not agree with you... But in person opinions are ALWAYS best..// 

Rhinoplasty?

I need to see better photos to determine if u need this or not.  Face forward and profile photos are preferred for evaluation.  

Goals of Rhinoplasty Surgery

The gals of every rhinoplasty operation depend on the needs and desires of each patient. It looks like you should consider narrowing the tip but it is difficult to evaluate the rest of you nose with the pictures submitted. Select an experienced rhinoplasty specialist to achieve a natural result.

Tip reduction

Of course, you need an in-person exam to delineate what exactly needs to be done.  Nonetheless, narrowing the tip will reduce the bulbous appearance you refer to.  This can be done via a closed technique and can be very natural.  Seek out a board-certified Facial Plastic surgeon.  Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD