Possible for a Rhinoplasty to Narrow my Nasal Bridge and Not Change my Profile?

I absolutely hate my wide/flat nasal bridge, which has no definition whatsoever. However, I really do like my profile as my nose is rather small and cute from the side...but only from the side, from the front it's just too flat. Would a rhinoplasty be able to narrow my nasal bridge and add definition without completely altering my profile?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Yes but....

+1

Hi,

Yes, but your surgeon needs to be very skilled in this type of problem.  Narrowing of the bridge with standard osteotomies can also raise the height of the bridge which then needs to be rasped down.  If the bridge is very wide then osteotomies alone wont narrow it enough and a segment of bone and cartilage make need to be removed from the middle portion.  Some slight profile changes may occur but it should not be significant if the surgery is done properly and you heal well.

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Narrowing nasal bridge without changing the profile

+1

It is possible to narrow the bridge without changing the profile. This is performed with both medial and lateral
osteotomies during the rhinoplasty procedure and it will narrow the nasal bones. The profile can be altered if
necessary and can be left alone when needed as well.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Narrowing the Bridge of the Nose with Rhinoplasty without Changing Profile

+1

Hi Rici in Miami, FL

As other plastic surgeons have already stated, the bridge of the nose may be narrowed & refined with bone reshaping osteotomies without altering the profile view. The nose appearing flat on front view may also be improved by augmenting the nose with an implant, but this would alter the profile by elevating the bridge area.

Only after a comprehensive evaluation by a rhinoplasty surgeon can he/she help determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck!

Dr. C

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/facial-plastic-surgery/rhinoplasty.cfm

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Narrow Bridge Without Changing Profile

+1

Your bridge can be narrowed and defined without changing the profile. A good rhinoplasty surgeon will never do two rhinoplasties the exact same way, but change the technique with every operation to meet  the needs and desires of each individual patient.

Narrowing of a wide nose

+1

Narrowing of a wide nose without changing the profile can be preformed with excellent results!

While in some cases the nose can be narrowed with simple infracturing of the bones, at times the procedure can be more complicated.  The procedure usually involves reducing width at the bony dorsum, cartilagenous dorsum, and occasionally the tip.

To see an example of this procedure on one of my patients, view my pictures in my profile

Dr. Torkian -

Possible for a Rhinoplasty to Narrow my Nasal Bridge and Not Change my Profile

+1

Yes it is possible but in person evaluation is required to discuss these issues in detail. You may only need a fracture in ward of the nasal bones. Call in Miami for a FREE appointment. Regards. 

Rhinoplasty can narrow a wide nasal bridge

+1

It is possible to narrow the nose without changing the profile of the nose as viewed from the side. We like to see a smooth curved line extending from the brow, down to the nasal tip, often called a dorsal aesthetic line. The narrowing is produced with a perforation along the side of the nasal bones which are then narrowed and splinted for six day after rhinoplasty.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/rhinoplasty

Flat nose

+1

Without seeing photos it is difficult to say, but a wide nose can be narrowed.  A flat nose can also be elevated.

Rhinoplasty can narrow the nasal bridge only

+1

A rhinoplasty can do just as you have questioned.  The plastic surgeon will need to evaluate your anatomy and see what changes need to take place.  The technique that is required is not that important to you but the bones will need to be moved to make this happen.  The height and lines of your profile can stay the same.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty can make a nose narrower and better looking without changing the profile.

+1

Yes this is often done to keep the profile just the same and narrow the bones on the frontal view, with or without refining the tip. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.