Rhinoplasty to Narrow & Lower Nose Tip, and Straighten from Profile View, with Very Subtle but Improved Results?

Hi! Are these procedure possible to achieve? Is it risky? & will it look good? 1. Have my tip/bridge slightly narrowed. 2. lower my nose tip, it seems a little high 3. have a straight profile view, my bridge is fine but it curves down a lil at the tip. I want the bulk of my tip carved out so my profile just glides down, I *do not* want to have an upturned tip tho *see captions for more info, also if you could name the procedures that would need to be done to reach my goal, that'd help thanks!

Rhinoplasty to Derotate the Tip

+1

Rhinoplasty to derotate the tip or increase the apparent length is possible through a variety of techniques.

Rhinoplasty goals

+1

Although it is certainly possible to narrow the nasal tip and bridge line, it is very difficult to bring the tip of the nose down any more than it already is. Reducing the bulbousness of the supratip area of the nose can be achieved by trimming the dorsal septum and cartilage.  A conservative amount of narrowing in the nasal tip is usually achieved through closed rhinoplasty techniques. The cephalic trim of the lower lateral cartilages are removed.

The requested changes may be done with rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Monique, The desired changes that you would like done to your nose may be achieved with rhinoplasty surgery. You need the rotation of the nose  decreased and some work on the tip to narrow the tip as well as some lowering of the dorsum to achieve your desired results. Make sure you go to a well qualified surgeon with a to of experience in rhinoplasty surgery. In my practice I use a digital imaging computer in the consulting phase to describe what needs to be done and show the proposed surgical results. I always have  a lot of rhinoplasty patients in the office in different phases of recovery to discuss their experience with consulting patients. Review the surgeons before and after photographs and make sure that the noses are natural and aesthetically pleasing to each individual patients aesthetic facial characteristics. Wishing you best regards and thank you for your inquiry. Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Tip rhinolasty

+1

Your goals are very reasonable.  The tip is often de-rotated in rhinoplasty.  You are also requesting a change is what is called the tip defining point (to get rid of the downward direction of the tip that you don't like). This is done commonly with a small graft of cartilage from you nasal septum.  The tip can be narrowed at the same time.  What I cannot tell from the small photos is whether or not your nasal cartilages are angled up at too high an angle, what we call hyper-rotated.  It does not look like it, but I would need to see you in person to tell. This can be more of a challenge to fix. These changes are never 100% predictable, but overall the surgery is generally very successful.  I have attached a link below from my rhinoplasty website.

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Many changes to the nose are possible

+1

Surgery to decrease the rotation of the nose and change the tip is possible.  It is important to make sure you have an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to perform these.  The specific manouevers and techniques to achieve your goals may vary based on the rhinoplasty surgeon.

Robert Mounsey, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Questions about rhinoplasty surgery

+1

Based on your photograph a rhinoplasty can  be performed to accomplish your goals.  You would benefit from a refinement of your nasal tip, slight lowering of the nasal dorsum and narrowing of the base of the nose.  

Rhinoplasty with cartilage removal.

+1

A rhinoplasty can be done to remove the excess cartilage in the area above the tip while narrowing the tip. Choose a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to avoid rotating the tip at the same time as narrowing often does.

Rhinoplasty

+1

I think based on your photos you would be a good candidate for a Rhinoplasty.Your goals seem reasonable.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

You are a good candidate for the results that you seek...

+1

Your goals are appropriate for your nose and what rhinoplasty can achieve.  The risks are minimal if your surgeon is skilled and experienced in rhinoplasty.  I believe the nose will be improved if you proceed with surgery.  Best wishes for your surgery.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Options

+1

Based on your photos, I believe it is possible that a rhinoplasty could achieve the results you are seeking.  The procedure may involve tailoring the septal, upper lateral and lower lateral cartilages and may also involve using a cartilage graft of your own tissues.  As with any surgical procedure, a rhinoplasty does involve potential risks or complications which could include infection, bleeding and wound healing problems.  Be certain to seek out a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and ask to see before and after photos of their work.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon