Could a Rhinoplasty or Septoplasty Make my Nose Symmetrical? (photo)

I have a asymmetrical nose and have been considering rhinoplasty however I don't know if it could be changed to look symetrical and a bit smaller. I have a nose that deviates to one side of my face and a bulbous tip. I'm 17 turning 18 in march and I've been thinking about having a nose job for a while now, It affects my confidence. I don't know if a septoplasty could make my nose more symmetrical, correct the tip and maybe make it appear a bit smaller? Thank you!

Rhinoplasty and septoplasty

+1

Thank you for the photos. I think that it is possible to have a nice result from correction of your deformities, but you would need a full rhinoplasty and septoplasty.

Crooked Nose Deformity Correction

+1

From the frontal image you provided, I think you should be able to have a nice improvement in the bridge alignment. You could also have the bulbous tip reshaped at the same time. A septoplasty would only focus on the middle wall of the nose on the inside. You would need more of a formal septorhinoplasty procedure to accomplish the desired and necessary changes.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Symmetric Nose

+1

The first step is to have an evaluation of both the inside and the outside the nose to determine if there are any anatomical structures that are contributing to the crookedness of your nose.  You will likely have some internal anatomic contribution to your appearance.  Depending on the issues, a septoplasty and rhinoplasty will likely improve your nasal appearance.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can best assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Improving the symmetry of the nose

+1

Everyone has some degree of asymmetry, and it is not realistic to try and get the nose 100% straight. However, improvements can be made. Correcting a nose that is crooked is a very difficult procedure and requires an expert. I would recommend a consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist who has a great deal of experience. He/she may use computer imaging software to morph a photo of you and give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. I hope this helps, and good luck! 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Could a Rhinoplasty or Septoplasty Make my Nose Symmetrical?

+1

YES! Seek only in person evaluations from boarded rhinoplasty surgeons in your city to discuss your options. 

Rhinoplasty for Asymmetrical Nose

+1

You have a crooked nose with a bulbous tip which can be corrected with a rhinoplasty; this will improve facial symmetry. Asymmetry of the nose itself can be improved, but perfect symmetry is not a reasonable expectation. You are an excellent candidate for this surgery.

Crooked nose

+1

The nose is asymmetrical due to the nasal bones are crooked and a concave left upper lateral cartilage.  The tip is also bulbous.   A  rhinoplasty  would straighten the entire nose which would include osteotomies , a left spreader graft and thinning the tip.  Also important to address any deviated septum in a nose that is this crooked.   Best to see a rhinoplasty surgeon who has performed thousands, not hundreds of rhinoplasty surgeries.  For further examples please see our website

Septorhinoplasty

+1

You could absolutely achieve a smaller nose with a much straighter dorsal aesthetic line.  Make sure that the plastic surgeon is board certified, has performed hundreds, and is comfortable with both functional and cosmetic aspects or rhinoplasty.