Can Rhinoplasty Make my Nose Look Better?

I've always thought my nose is too big Recently Can Rhinoplasty help me make it look better? What needs to be done?

Rhinoplasty to make nose look better

+1

Rhinoplasty involves multiple procedures on the nose to effect a change.  Those changes include narrowing of the nasal tip with different techniques such as suturing the lower lateral cartilages together and sometimes a removal of cartilage in the tip as well.  Osteotomies are performed to narrow the nasal bones and any hump removal can be shaved down as well.  Nostril reduction is performed through alar plasty techniques, when a small removal of skin at the bottom of the nostril is done and the nostrils are narrowed.  This is all done as an outpatient procedure and takes 1-2 hours in our surgery center.  The cost for a rhinoplasty is approximately $7,000, which includes the operating room, anesthesia, and the surgeon’s fee.

Tip rhinoplasty for the nose

+1

A tip rhinoplasty can sculpt your nose and improve the appearance of the nose from all perspectives.  I would recommend a tip rhinoplasty specifically as your dorsum looks well contoured. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty can improve the appearance of your nose

+1

From your photo, I believe either a full rhinoplasty or possibly just a tip rhinoplasty could make your nose appear smaller and more balanced with your other facial features.  To determine if you are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty see a board certified plastic surgeon who routinely performs rhinoplasty surgery.  Ask to see examples of his/her work.  If, after seeing the photos,  you feel you would probably be happy if you were one of those patients, this would be a good indication that your expectations are realistic.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon