Will getting rhinoplasty make my face look more flattering? (photo)

I think my nose is too wide, the bulbous tip is unflattering and takes away from my face but I don't want to end up lookin like Michael Jackson

Will getting rhinoplasty make my face look more flattering?

+2

A natural result can be achieved with tip refinement and alar base reduction and slight bridge narrowing.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

+1

There are some things about beauty that are subjective and others which are objective, certainly. Personally, I would meet with you, listen to your objections to your nose (bulbous and wide and possibly unflattering to face as a whole), then I would measure your face in total (length and projections) and consider if the objective measurements (based on aesthetic/pleasing appearance) allowed for changes to your nose that would be flattering to the face as a whole. Next, life-size photos would be imaged/morphed into what you would look like with the changes in the front and side views, this process has yielded the optimal surgical outcomes and happiest patients in my practice.  When deciding if rhinoplasty will achieve flattering changes to one's face begin by seeking out a Board Certified Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon who has been or is a member of the Rhinoplasty Society (there are some Board Certified Ear, Nose and Throat surgeons who are members, also). This Society is not just a club but it requires that members have performed hundreds of rhinoplasty procedures and that there is peer review involved, as well. 

Steve Byrd, MD

Steve Byrd, MD

Will getting a Rhinoplasty make my face more flattering? #nosejob

+1

You propose a very difficult question and one that nobody can answer for you. Rhinoplasty surgery is a very personal choice. It was for me. You have to look in the mirror and be able to identify the exact things you want changed. As a surgeon I can make many changes but they may not be the changes you desire. So, start with being very clear with yourself on what you are looking for. Then you can seek a consultation with the appropriate board certified surgeon to discuss the procedure and what can and can't be done for you.

Richard J. Brown, MD

+1

Hopefully, but it is your decision whether to proceed with any cosmetic surgery. Seek a few ib person opinions..//

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip and wide nose

+1

The bulbous tip is best addressed  by tip suturing techniques and cartilage removal on the side of the tip and sometimes an additional tip graft added to the point of the tip to add projection. An alar plasty is also  required to narrow the nostrils. Osteotomies will narrow the nasal bones. All this can be accomplished through close rhinoplasty techniques as an outpatient procedure under brief general anesthetic

African American rhinoplasty with natural results.

+1

African American rhinoplasty with natural results can be achieved as I have done for many actresses in Hollywood. As long as the nose is not overdone you will have a very natural result. Michael Jackson's nose was a result of the surgeon overdoing the nose many times.

Bulbous nose tip and wide bridge

+1

The key is for you to figure out what you do not like about your nose, and it sounds like you know what you do not like already.  Based on what I see in the photos, you would benefit from reducing tip roundness and narrowing of both the nasal bridge while proportionately decreasing the alar base (width of nostrils) to bring balance to your nose. Consult with a couple of board-certified surgeons in your area who do a lot of nose surgery and have experience with your type of nose.

Ramin Behmand, MD