What is the Average Amount of Time it Takes After Rhinoplasty To See the Results? (photo)

I have a very bulbous tip to my nose.My nose had been broken 35 years ago and I finally had it fixed I told him I wanted a more refine tip.The surgeon said he had to break it in 2 spots to fix it.I can breathe better.The look of my nose to me is a lot worse now and I'm just wondering what is the average amount of time it takes after rhinoplasty to see the results of a more refined nasal tip, since there is still numbness & major swelling and I do have hematoma's inside the nose? Thanks

Bulbous tip after prior rhinoplasty

+3

I can see your concern with your tip. I'm not sure how long your rhinoplasty surgery was, but the nasal swelling can persist for about a year. Your tip is very asymmetric, especially compared with your photo from before surgery. I agree with the others that you should have your nose checked out to see what is going on. It may be that you have accumulated scar tissue under your skin that is causing the excess fullness.

It Can Take Months After a Rhinoplasty For the Swelling to Resolve- If That's What This Is

+3

While it is normal to have some swelling after a rhinoplasty, this is not what I would expect to see as a normal part of the healing process. There usually is still swelling 7 weeks after surgery, but it doesn't look quite like this. You should be re-evaluated by your surgeon.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

What is the Average Amount of Time it Takes After Rhinoplasty To See the Results?

+3

I agree that this isn't typical post Rhinoplasty swelling and that you should go back and discuss this with your Rhinoplasty Surgeon or have several second opinions with experienced Rhinoplasty Surgeons.  The nasal tip appears as though it may have several cartilage onlay grafts and possibly spreader grafts all of which can increase the volume, and size, of the nasal tip.

+3

Sorry something is wrong and you need immediate care as based upon your photos posted. Seek opinions in person. 

Time Required To See Results Of Rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for sharing your photographs with us.

Usually, for a complete recovery to take place a period of 12-14 months is required on average.

Nonetheless, if the patient has a thick skin then a little more time is required for complete recovery.

Bold asymmetries could be detected as early as one month post surgery.

If a revision is the way you decide to consider, I recommend that you seek an extensively experienced surgeon who will offer you the best results to fit your facial features.

Thank you for your questions.

Best of wishes.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty Results Time frame

+1

Results vary greatly depending on the type, complexity, your health status and other factors. In general, an early result is evident in 3 months.  Final results become evident in 12-14 months which is the time necessary for complete tissue softening.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS