I Had Rhinoplasty 2 Months Ago Why Do I Have Severe Bleeding Still?

I had rhinoplasty 2 months ago and within the first month I had severe bleeding in my right nostril. My surgeon then silver nitrated it (i believe thats what its called) then we had no problems until a month later where I had to be rushed to emergency because my left nostril had even worse bleeding it was running down my throat and out my nose like a tap nonstop. He then had some acid (match stick looking) burning the cause in my nose. Why am I bleeding? I don't want this to happen every month!

Bleeding two months post-rhinoplasty

+1

Agreed, that sounds unusual and I can understand your cause for concern. I would recommend seeing another surgeon, possible an ENT, to address the problem conclusively.

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Bleeding 2 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

While this is certainly not a normal postoperative course, you will need to be examined to  determine if any cause for this can be determined.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Bleeding post-op

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question without seeing you in person and examining your nose – you should consider seeing your surgeon for an assessment

Sam Naficy, MD

Nose bleed after rhinoplasty

+1

Not sure where you live but in northern climates in the winter it is quite dry inside. This causes the inside of the nose to dessicate. There are areas where the blood vessels are very close to the surface and if the mucosa "cracks" the blood vessel will bleed. It sounds like the vessels have been cauterized to control the bleeding. The best thing now is to keep the area moist. Use some vaseline ointment on a Q-tip and put it inside you nose. Saline nasal sprays can also help.

Scott R. Brundage, M.D.
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon