Rhinoplasty 6 months post-op swollen columnella (photos)

Hello yesterday I pinch my columella to check if its already soft after 6 months post op rhinoplasty I had open surgery the with in 24 hrs the columella becomes swollen and red im really worried that I might get infection What should I do the rest of my nose feels okay

Rhinoplasty 6 months post-op swollen columella

+1

If there is any concern, your should return to your surgeon for an assessment.

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Post Rhinoplasty Swelling of the Columella

+1
Dear dxb09, I would see your surgeon for a postoperative visit and evaluation. From the photographs included above it looks like the area you are discussing on the side of the columella is an incision issue and may need revision. If this just appeared recently and was not swollen before you may be having a reaction to suture or an ingrown hair it is hard to determine without direct examination. Best to see your surgeon for direct examination. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD