Rhinoplasty 6 Months Post-op - Nose Growing (Swelling)?

Hello, I'm over 6 months post-op and after looking at pictures from day one (after surgery) up until now I've noticed my nose has grown considerably since the very first day after the operation, when it was already extremely swollen! Is this normal? How can it be growing? Swelling is supposed to subside after 6 mnths so I'm quite worried here and all everyone say's is wait! Which is fine, I don't mind - but someone please explain why it's increasing still? Will it decrease? Can I do anything?

6 months after rhinoplasty

+1

It is not abnormal to still have swelling after 6 months. In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. It can take 18-24 months to see the final result of surgery. It is important to be patient during the healing process, as it can take a while. I would recommend speaking with your surgeon about any post-operative concerns. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Nose Swelling After Rhinoplasty

+1

It is possible that you're still experiencing swelling because you are only six months out of your procedure. In some cases, swelling can last for up to two years. It's important that you continue to be patient during this time as the swelling resolves. The nose can also "fall" or elongate as swelling subsides which may make it look like its getting larger. It's a good idea to schedule follow up appointments regularly with your surgeon to make sure you're healing properly.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Nose Swelling after surgery

+1

The nose should be swollen for first three weeks and then there should be only minimal swelling. The one possibility I can think is that you had some blood under the skin that turned into scar tissue and the swelling of the nose not only continued but grew. There also is a small risk of cold abscess in the tissues, meaning there could be pus but no pain.

You should get a second opinion from an expert. Two minds are better than one.

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal swelling

+1

Nasal swelling can take up to a year and sometimes longer to settle down. Just be patient.  Good luck.

Nose Growing 6 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

This situation sounds out of the norm.  Although anything is possible, it would be very helpful to have before and after pictures to determine what may be contributing to the appearance.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA