Rhinoplasty 4 Months Post Op - Lump

I had rhinoplasty 4 months ago (just hump removal and some tip work but nothing major) however about 2 weeks after the operation I noticed a small hard lump underneath one nostril - it stands out more when i smile. It is now 4 months later and it is still visible. I know rhinoplasty can take up to a year to heal but this lump has not gone down in the slightest. It feels like bone, will this ever go down?

What to do with a bump under the nose after a nose job!

+1

Dear rhinoplasty patient,
Regarding your concern with a bump under your nostril after your rhinoplasty, it sounds like a fragment of cartilage, suture or scar tissue. It is difficult to render a firm diagnosis without looking and touching it. Go back to your rhinoplasty surgeon and talk to him about it. Whatever that is, there is a solution to resolve it.

Bump in nostril after rhinoplasty

+1

Without examining you, it is difficult to say what this is. It could be cartilage, a stitch, or the result of an inflammatory reaction. Regardless, since it is four months after you rhinoplasty, it is unlikely to go away on its own. I would return to your rhinoplasty surgeon for an examination. It could be very easily treated.

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lump under the nasal tip

+1

Without an exam and not knowing what was done in the operating room leaves me guessing to waht it could be.  It could be cartilage it could be  stitch to name a few.  Speak with your surgeon.

Rhinoplasty - lump

+1

It's hard to tell without a physical exam or being the person who did your surgery to tell what the lump is.  It could be a stitch or a small piece of cartilage but it's impossible to tell.  I would recommend going back to your surgeon and having him evaluate it.  I''m sure he/she'd be happy to fix it for you and help shed some light on what it is.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD

Time for a check up!

+1

To be certain what the material is - one would really need to do a physical exam. At four months and if its firm it is likely not just regular swelling. It could be a fragment of cartilage, a stitch, or something else. What you really need is to have your doctor check you out.  Whatever it is - it should be able to be taken care of with a small in clinic procedure.

Benjamin C. Marcus, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lump in columella following rhinoplasty

+1

Its difficult to determine what material this lump may represent.  If you had tip work done, it may be a fragment of cartilage.  It could also represent a stitch, or other foreign material.  At four months, I don't think it will resolve on its own.  See your doctor.  This could easily be remedied under local anesthesia.  Good luck!

Jason R. Hess, MD