Had Rhinoplasty Five Months Ago Please Check my Pics is This Swelling on my Tip is Temporary or It Can Be Permanent?

hello,i am 24 year old asian i had rhinoplasty five months ago two corrections were made on my nose sidelines on side of my nose tip was removed and tip as made up it was little bent at the bottom please check the pics is this swelling is normal it will go down in next 4-6 months or it may be permanent?

Swelling will take a long time to resolve with thick skin

+1
Recovery after rhinoplasty will vary based on the person, characteristics of the nasal tissues and what was done during surgery. Immediately after the splint or cast is removed, it is common for the nose to look more defined. After the compression has been removed, the skin and soft tissues can swell and this can take weeks to months to significantly improve. After rhinoplasty, tip shape is typically the last thing to settle before seeing the final result; this can take 12 months or longer. During this time you will notice that the size of your tip decreases as swelling resolves and subtle details and tip definition appear. However, it appears that you have thick skin which will limit the amount of definition that can be achieved with surgery. Additionally, it should like you have had several revision surgeries in addition to your initial rhinoplasty and in this case swelling will take even longer to resolve. The areas with thicker skin in the nose such as the tip, alar rims and radix will require longer to settle.

Also there appears to be a linear decrease in swelling for the first several months followed by a period where the swelling fluctuates (sometimes little or no swelling and other times more swelling) before the nose settles. Again, after 4-6 weeks, although you will continue to notice changes in your nose, they are subtle and imperceptible to most other people. It's hard but important to stay patient during your recovery and to be diligent attending your follow-up appointments with your surgeon.

Tip Swelling 5 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

A man like yourself will normally have tip swelling 5 months after rhinoplasty. You will have to wait another 9-12 months to see if the tip improves enough to satisfy you and your surgeon.Unforunately, in the interim, there is nothing you can do except be patient.

Thick tip post nose job

+1

Depending on the thickness of the dermis over your nasal tip it is possible that a "fine Tip" might never be able to be achieved.  However, I would wait about 12 months prior to assessing the appearance of your nasal tip to see if any other treatments might be needed to define the appearance of your nasal tip.

Ernesto Hayn, MD

+1

It will take more than5 months for the swelling to go down. Patient with thick skin need at least 12-15 months. However, the thick nasal skin do not redrape well over tip cartilages and thinning of the skin is needed. Would wait until all swelling is gone.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon