Bruise from Pinching Nose After Rhinoplasty

So, I had Rhinoplasty 6 months ago and everything is going fine. My surgeon recommend pinching my nose to get rid of swelling. This helped a tad bit. But today i think i pinched too hard. I pinched at the very tip, now i have a bruise, its pinkish red. I just wanted to know how long it will take to heal? Will it take longer because i had rhinoplasty only 6 months ago? Do you recommend anything to get rid of the bruise?

Tip Bruising after Rhinoplasty

+1

Your bruising will probably last about 2 weeks. Ask your surgeon if you should continue massaging your nasal tip.

Bruising after rhinoplasty

+1

The tip of your nose may still have some swelling 6 months out from your rhinoplasty. Pinching it to the degree that it causes a bruise or leaves a mark should be avoided. Most bruising resolves by itself after 10-14 days, after going through the usual changes in color. Arnica montana, a herbal medication, may aid in the disappearance of the bruise. You should consult with your surgeon before using anything on any part of your body that has undergone surgery.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD