Had a Rhinoplasty About 7 Months Ago and I'm Unhappy with the Result. What Are My Options?

I am unhappy with the bridge being touched, bones were broken, it was straightened and a graft was put in. Also I wanted the tip deprojected but I'm not happy with that, I made a mistake. Also my tip was thinned and I'm not happy. I saw two surgeons and both of them said they would not touch it because the result looked good to them and to have my "head checked" basically. I know what I see and I'm unhappy, although the nose is not botched. What can I do?

Unhappy Of Rhinoplasty Results

+1

Hi,

I am sorry that you are unhappy with your results; you are the one who is supposed to decide how your nose should look like.

The gist of your situation is if the goals you are aiming for are surgically possible. 

That being said, without before/after photos and physical examination it is hard to provide you with a solid solution other then consulting with board certified surgeons of extensive experience in corrective rhinoplasties.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Unhappy after Rhinoplasty

+1

Based on your concerns, I believe that you have options for your nose. What to do depends on its appearance, its severity, as well as the time since surgery. For small refinements, a non-surgical rhinoplasty may help. For larger concerns, surgery may be the answer. I would definitely consult with a surgeon who has experience with revision rhinoplasty and try to bring your before and after photos with you.

Gregory J. Vipond, MD, FRCSC
Inland Empire Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Revision ??

+1

The question is not one of whether you have a good result as determined by others, as you clearly are not satisfied, but whether any further rhinoplasty surgery can achieve your goals. This is going to require careful before and after photographic analysis of your prior rhinoplasty and a thorough understanding of what you want to now achieve. To be helpful in this forum, you are going to have to post good before and after photographs and detail out exactly what changes you see that are needed.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Revision rhinoplasty for nose.

+1

You should see a revision rhinoplasty expert who is very experienced for another opinion. 

Unhappy after rhinoplasty

+1

It seems that you are unhappy about almost every single aspect of your rhinoplasty, and, at the same time, your nose looks fairly good according to you. Although it is hard to comment without seeing the photos, I suspect that the reason for your unhappiness may be that you are too critical about your appearance. Especially that two different doctors told you that your nose looks good and does not need to be touched again. Post your photos and see what responses you will get.

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

Not Happy with Rhinoplasty Results

+1

Hi,

Its very difficult to evaluate your nose without seeing it. If you post your pics you can have 10 or 12 surgeons give their opinion. It may be that your dissatisfaction has validity.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS