Rhinoplasty 3 Months Ago and I Feel Like It Looks Like the Same Nose.

I had a prominent but straight nose that appeared as if it pointed down. I felt was too much of a focal point on my face. It has now been 3 months and I feel that although the nose looks good on my face, the surgenoun was too conservative. It still sticks out too far. Some people notice "something different" some don't notice at all. Is 3 months too early to say I am not happy with my result? Very frustrated - I had surgery that I paid for; there should be more of a change.

Rhinoplasty results take time.

+2

As has been mentioned, rhinoplasty results take time. The often quoted period is about 1 year. However, the nose can continue to change ever so subtly and slowly over an even longer period than one year. Generally, the thicker the skin, the longer it takes to completely settle. Patience is your friend at this point.

Montreal Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Result 3 Months Post-op

+1

Your nose will continue to change over the next 6 months. You want a natural result that people don't notice. We all frequently forget how we used to look so review your pre-operative pictures - you may be quite surprised. Before and after pictures are quite revealing. Be patient and discuss your impressions with your surgeon as healing progresses.

Too Early to be Concerned?

+1

As others have stated, the nose takes up to a year to get the final result. Having said that, it depends on what area you are concerned about. The tip stays swollen the longest and therefore if someone is concerned about bulbosity, it is best to wait the full year. The change that occurs after the removal of a dorsal hump is relatively quick (the skin overlying is different in this area as opposed to the tip). You made mention that it was "prominent". If you have a nose that has an "ultra projecting tip", be aware that this can be difficult to make dramatic reductions. All in all, your best bet right now is to sit tight and give it more time. Also, for others to not notice the change in your nose is not uncommon after any cosmetic surgery unless you informed them you were having the surgery.

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

3 months post rhinoplasty

+1

Sometimes it is very hard to "get into the patient's head" to figure out how reduced they want their nose. This is also a fine balance as well.  But at 3 months it is still early and most likely a bit swollen.

+1

The nose can take 6 months or longer to reaveal the final results after Rhinoplasty, so give yourself a little more time.  The proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal beauty) do not make the nose the aesthetic focal point of the face.  This means that a naturally, attractive nose is one that is sleek and refined.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Rhinoplasty can take a year

+1

It is very easy to get impatient by three months after rhinoplasty, and even with very good results, friends and family may not notice. We tent to see and expect what is normal and attractive, and changes can be more subtle. Healing will, however, take a full year.

peterejohnsonmd.com

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty results take 1 year.

+1

Rhinoplasty results take 1 year. You need to be patient and the nose will change. If after 1 year you are dissatisfied see your surgeon for a possible revision or get a second opinion.