I Had Rhinoplasty a Month Ago and I Have a Noticable Hard Lump on the Left Side of the Tip. Will This Go Away, and if So When?

My nose looks lopsided. And people can tell there is a lump on it. I am wondering if it set like this because of the w ay the splint was on it during the week after the surgery, perhaps it was place on crooked? Or if it is scar tissue? Will it go away? And if so then how long will it take? I understand it can take up to a year for the swelling to go down, but what about a lump?

Nasal Irregularities After Rhinoplasty

+2

The cause of the hump you have cannot be determined without the full details of your surgery and an in-person examination.

However, it is too early to worry about the final results of your surgery at one month post-op. Many irregularities will fade away when the end results are established in full and this takes time usually.

I recommend that you keep your surgeon in the loop of your recovery progress and to follow his/her post-op instructions religiously to help yourself securing the best results possible.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Waiting patiently "a watched pot,,,"

+2

Almost all of my answers are to impatient patients like yourself. You must trust your surgeon and wait at least 6 months before you get frantic. Look up the poem desiderata on google and say it to yourself many times. I'm sure this will be a happy story in the end

Richard Ellenbogen, MD