I Had Rhinoplasty One Month Ago and Hit my Nose Hard?

I was opening a bottle of wine and, while pulling on the opener, I hit the tip of my nose. This caused it to go into the bridge and upwards. The pain was relatively bad. No bleeding occurred and I placed a cold compress on it. So far, no swelling but mild pain persists. Furthermore, I can still breathe through my nose.

Nasal Trauma 1 Month after Rhinoplasty

+1

It does not sound like you did any harm hitting your nose 1 month after rhinoplasty but be safe and consult with your surgeon.

Nasal trauma after rhinoplasty

+1

It is difficult to determine if there will be any sequelae to the injury but any trauma to the nose one month after surgery can possibly affect the results.  Factors that can increase the  risk of causing an issue include if osteotomies, cartilage grafting, extensive suturing, etc. were performed.  If your main reason for your surgery was to improve your breathing and you notice no changes after the trauma, then it is likely that no damage was done.  The best person to evaluate you is your surgeon who can make further recommendations.

Palm Beach Gardens Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recent rhinoplasty and trauma

+1

It is posibble albeit unlikely that you cause problems for your nose. Best to be seen in person to be properly evaluated.

+1

Any hard hit to the nose may disrupt the structure early on, but it is hard to make a determination without an exam.  I would recommend an exam by your surgeon.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php