After Rhino, Can I Wear A Face Mask and Glasses While Working? And For How Long?

I am a nurse!!! My surgeon used my septal cartilage and ear cartilage to build my tip, and ear cartilage to augment my bridge. Can I Wear a Face Mask and glasses While Working Following Rhinoplasty? I work for a long time to wear a mask and glasses. A long time have an impact?

Glasses After Rhinoplasty

+1
Since glasses put weight on the nose it's best to avoid wearing them altogether while healing. If contact lenses aren't an option anyone who requires prescription glasses should use a nasal splint that is taped onto the nose before wearing them. This splint will help absorb the weight of the glasses and reduce the risk of permanent nasal bone damage. You should wait a little longer before wearing your glasses.

Glasses soon after Rhinplasty?..Yes with limits.

+1

Anything that sits on the nose for any length of time will leave skin indentations. 

This is especially true after a rhinoplasty when you are experiencing swelling from the surgery.  If you need to wear glasses or goggles for work during the 3 to 6 months post surgery, it is best to use the lightest weight possible and move them periodically to prevent indentation forming.

6 to 12 months post surgery when the edema is resolved wearing glasses or goggles for extended periods of time will be fine.

Lee Robinson, MD - RETIRED
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Glasses and facemask after surgery

+1

You should ask your surgeon.  Only he knows where the grafts were placed and how stable they are.  Most patients should be able to do whatever by 4 weeks.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Face mask and glasses

+1

I usually have patients avoid glasses on their nose or anything firm pushing down on the bridge for at least 6 weeks.