Lumps on Nose Bridge and Nostrils 2 Years After Rhinoplasty

It is two years after my nose job where I had a deviated septum fixed and a bump in the bridge of my nose shaved. Now I have small lumps in the bridge of my nose and really hard lumps inside my right nostril. Can somebody tell me whats going on and why my nose is falling apart?

Can you live with this result?

+1

Hi!

I understand why you are upset, but imperfections after a rhinoplasty are not rare.  So the only question for you is: Is it good enough?  If not, your nose can probably be made better with a skillful revision.

Bumps on the nose

+1

Most likely you have developed cartilaginous growth under the skin over time. The bumps on the nasal dorsum are harmless if they do not effect the shape of your nose. I always remind patients to look at the nose, do not try to feel the nose. Even afrer the best rhinoplasty, you can sometimes feel bumps here and there.

The lump inside the nostril is likely your cartilage which has started protruding. If it is obstructing your breathing, it can be removed by shaving.

You should not think your nose is falling apart. Nose can change many years after a rhinoplasty but it does not mean it cannot be fixed. You should go back to your physician, if he cannot fix it he can certainly find someone who can.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty bumps

+1

The "bumps" that you are feeling may be scar tissue or cartilage or bony spurs that have evolved either with time or through thinning of the overlying soft tissue coverage.

Rhinoplasty Lumps and Bumps Two Years After Surgery

+1

Hi Cleveland,

Your nose is not "falling apart". The skin and soft tissue of the nose evolves for months and years after rhinoplasty. Initially there is swelling and scar tissue formation to hide the underlying boney and cartilaginous structure.

After 6 to 12 months, swelling resolves and the inflammatory soft tissue reaction decreases revealing what the rhinoplasty surgeon had left behind at the time of the surgery.

The bumps that you are feeling are likely boney irregularities, and the bump inside your nose may be scar tissue or cartilage. If the dorsal bumps are not noticeable, then no treatment is necessary. If they bother you cosmetically then speak with your surgeon about a revision rhinoplasty.

Good luck and be well, hope that you get the nose that you desire.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Lumps and bumps

+1

Dear Bad,

It is almost anybody's guess what these lumps are. You really need a full evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon or otolaryngologist to determine exactly what is going on. These could be scar tissue, bone fragments, cartilage, polyps, cysts, etc.,etc. The correction could range from a minor injection to corrective surgery. How's your breathing?

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Lumps after rhinoplasty.

+1

The lumps on the bridge of your nose may just be irregular cartilage or bone that is visible through the skin. You may want to consult with a physician familliar with Non-surgical-rhinoplasty to try to camouflage these bridge lumps with injectable filler.

The lump inside your right nostril could be anything from cartilage to scar tissue.

If you'd like to post / email me a full frontal facial picture, I'd be happy to provide more specific comments.

Best regards.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon