Rhinoplasty - lump on tip with cut underneath, in nostril. Will swelling go down?

I am nearly 4 weeks post op (septorhinoplasty with turbinoplasty) and I have had pronounced swelling on the too of the left nostril. It is slowly subsiding, but the lump is still there. I've noticed there is a cut/slight scar right underneath the lump on the inside of the nose. I am concerned the swelling will never go down because of the healing in this area. I do have an infection at the moment (despite being quite clean and cautious) and I'm wondering if this may have something to do with it.

+1

You need to be examined due to concerns of infection. The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Rhinoplasty and lump

+1

Without seeing you in person it is difficult to answer your question. It is best to ask your doctor in person after he can visulaize what y ou are describing.