Does Lexapro Interact with Anesthesia for Rhinoplasty?

I am scheduled for a Rhinoplasty appointment. My surgeon said Lexapro does not interact with anesthesia. Is this true? Does he need to make adjustments to the anesthesia because of the Lexapro in my system?

Lexapro does not interact with anesthesia

+1

Lexapro does not interact with anesthesia and it is perfectly acceptable to be taking Lexapro before and after your rhinoplasty surgery.  You could also ask your anesthesiologist.  

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Lexapro

+1

The cause of your surgeons' concern with the use of Lexapro is probably not related to any interactions with anesthesia but rather with Lexapro's potential to cause bleeding. Bleeding is listed in the PDR as a potential side effect of Lexapro use.

West Texas Plastic Surgeon

Medications and anesthesia

+1

Hi,

You should be sure to speak with your anesthesiologist prior to surgery to inform him/her of the medications which you are taking. While it is unlikely that a normal dose of Lexapro would react with your anesthetic, it is important to be honest about everything you use, including herbals, in order to assure that your surgery is as safe as possible. Good luck.

Lexapro and anesthesia

+1

To my knowledge, general anesthesia is not contraindicated in patients taking Lexapro. However, if you are not satisfied with your surgeon's answer then you can always ask the anesthesiologist. They are the experts when it comes to drug interactions in the operating room. Good luck!