Rhinoplasty - Left with Dents and Bumps?

I had my nose done 10 months ago - initially i really liked the results but as the swelling went down over the months, I was left with a piece of cartilage that sticks up in front where the cartilage meets the bone, and on the other side, he made a dent. It looks horrible! He suggested he "file" it down and possibly inject a filler. Not sure if I should have it fixed by him or someone else. Considering mine was a more simple rhinoplasty, and he screwed up, I dont have much confidence in him.

Dents and Bumps after Rhinoplasty

+2

If you do not want to have an additional procedure by your original surgeon find a revision rhinoplasty specialist. It is difficult to make specific recommendations without pictures but it sounds like the protruding cartilage or bone should be removed and the dent filled with a small piece of cartilage or soft tissue.

Revision rhinoplasty

+2

I'm sorry you are going through this. It seems that you are probably going to need a revision if you cannot live with your current results. I recommend you have a conversation with your surgeon regarding the revision. Be honest and ask him if he feels comfortable doing it and what he thinks the chances are of him achieving a satisfactory result. You can then make your decision then.

best,

Andres

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, revision rhinoplasty

+1

I'm sorry to hear that your first surgery gave you unsatisfactory results.  Based on your description, it seems that you are headed for a revision rhinoplasty.  Part of ensuring an excellent result is feeling comfortable and confident with your surgeon.  If you've lost that with your primary surgeon, it may be in your best interest to seek someone else for your revision.  Best of luck.   

Donald B. Yoo, MD