I've Been Considering Rhinoplasty Lately and I Was Wondering if I Could Get Any Help or Tips? (photo)

My main problems about my nose are how round the tip is and facing front ways how wide my nose gets especially when I smile. Another problem is I feel like maybe my nose is short compared to most people. It's really noticeable, again, when I smile, it seems like I have a lot of room between where my nose ends and where my upper lip begins. I don't know maybe there's a lot of people with a nose like mine but it seems like the round/wide part gets bigger and bigger. Help??

Rhinoplasty for tip issues

+1

Thanks for the photos. It would be helpful to see other views but more importantly be seen in person.  Tip work can certainly improve your concerns.

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip

+1

The bulbous tip can be addressed during a rhinoplasty procedure by narrowing the -tip cartilages with suturing techniques and a conservative removal of cartilage. The nose will still widen upon animation.  Osteotomies  will narrow the  nasal bones and a small augmentation of the bridgeline  will help with dorsal projection and give the illusion of a narrower nose

Tips for rhinoplasty

+1

In your photos your tip is projecting and this may be due to a low bridge, or an overprojected tip. We feel the best way to try our changes is with computer imaging to see directly what changes you like, and those that will keep your nasal shape in balance. Tip or suggestions as fine, but seeing is believing.

Goals of Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

Your entire nose is wide including the bulbous nasal tip. The base of your nose is also wide with flaring of your nostrils. An experienced rhinoplasty specialist can narrow and refine your entire nose. With these pictures I cannot tell if it would help to shorten your upper lip.

Rhinoplasty tips

+1

Thanks for your questions. You have good observations and some legitimate concerns. I agree that your tip is rather round and bulbous. Part of the reason that you feel as though your bridge appears so wide is that it looks relatively low. Raising the dorsum, and possibly narrowing the middle part of the nose should help to improve your concerns. Go get some consults.

Ronald Schuster, MD

I've Been Considering Rhinoplasty Lately and I Was Wondering if I Could Get Any Help or Tips?

+1

I think that your nose has elements of the things you mention, but it is still a great nose.  I would not change it much if at all.  The tip could be reduced a bit along with some other balancing maneuvers.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA