By getting kenalog 40 injections in the nose once every month for about 6 months, can this cause moodswings/depression? Please help me in all that you know about the matter, thank you
Rhinoplasty Kenalog 40 Injection?
Doctor Answers 2
Kenalog 40 should be used sparingly after rhinoplasty.
It is extremely unlikely that these injections cause mood swings. The important question is why are you getting monthly injections.
Rhinoplasty and kenolog injections
- It is a relatively small dosage that gets injected, but you could be extra sensitive to it
- If you notice a correlation where these mood swings come exactly the same time after kenalog injection, then it can be a cause
- This is listed in the insert, but we do not usually inject a whole ml into the nose, usually it is 0.1-0.3cc, so it is a small dosage
- There are other causes that should also be ruled in or out
- After six months, you may not need anymore injections and you can try going a month without to see if you get the same symptoms