Rhinoplasty in June/July - How Will It Affect my Summer?

I'm 18/f. I got kicked in the nose a few weeks ago, and my ENT said it is definitely broken.I'm getting a septoplasty/rhinoplasty done at the beginning of summer. My question is, how will the procedure affect my normal summer activities (swimming, tanning, etc)? Will it look normal by the time I go to college in September?

Recovery after Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)

+2

Recovery after rhinoplasty varies depending on each nose.  However, one can expect to feel discomfort the first night.  There is not significant pain at all, it's simply uncomfortable.  By day 3-4 postoperatively, you are back to the land of the living.  You are "social" at 8 days though.  Most patients can get back to working out at 2 weeks.  I recommend my patients avoid contact sports for 6-8 weeks.  Hope that helps.

Web reference: http://www.funkfacialplastics.com/surgical_proc.aspx?id=NR

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after Rhinoplasty in June/July

+2

I will give you my post -operative instructions after rhinoplasty but there will be minor variations depending on what is done during the operation and your surgeon's recommendations. I tell patients to avoid strenuous activities for 2-3 weeks; after that exertion is fine but nasal trauma should be avoided for another month. Regardless of skin type, your nose will be more sensitive to the sun for 6-8 weeks after surgery. You will be fine by the time you return to school. You are smart to have the surgery before starting a new chapter of your life with new friends and colleagues.

Rhinoplasty recovery

+2

All physical activities including sports must be avoided for the first month unitl the nasal bones have fused and healed.

Laguna Beach Plastic Surgeon

Recovering from a septorhinoplasty

+2

With the scenario you describe, I would suggest you plan a summer that will not involve activities during which you might be struck in the nose. Swimming might be included since nose clips or masks are often used. Tanning is not a good idea at any time. You should be able to resume full activities in 6-12 weeks, probably well in time for college.

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon