Does Rhinoplasty Include Hump Reduction? (photo)

Hi doctors, I am an asian male, had a crooked nose way back 6-7 years ago in an accident. Until recently I'd realized that my right nasal has been blocked and only the left is breathable. As time passes, my nose also had grow out of shape to its right, pushing my right nose down. I wish to straighten it and make it smaller and slightly sharper. The width and my nostrils are pretty big and rounded. I wish to have them reduce too. What type of procedure is required? I do not wish to have silicon.

Does Rhinoplasty Include Hump Reduction?

+3

Rhinoplasty should be done and therefore include whatever is required to make the nose more naturally attractive.  In your case, this would mean reducing the nasal bridge, reducing the nostril flare and tip refinement.  I see no reason that any dorsal graft would be required (silicone or otherwise).  Hope this helps. 

+2

Everything you describe can be changed with a rhinoplasty, including a hump reduction if necessary. The goal is to improve the appearance and function of your nose and have a natural appearance. Over the past 35 years I've avoided the use of silicone implants whenever possible; I prefer to use the patient's own cartilage which will become incorporated into the surrounding tissue  and avoid the possible risks of implant movement and extrusion.

Does rhinoplasty include hump reduction?

+1

Hello, not every rhinoplasty  includes hump reduction. Looking at your photo I would suggest the following:

Reducing the width of the nose,

Right asymmetry correction, including septoplasty( your nose is deviated to the right position),

Tip and alar  refining and

Improve collumela show, which probably is retracted.

Definitely, there is no reason to think of silicon

Good luck

Cynthia Nicolau, MD
Brazil Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty can include hump reduction

+1

Rhinoplasty does involve hump reduction as well as narrowing and straightening the nasal bones with osteotomies.  This will repair any previous fractures or asymmetries to the nasal profile.  A septoplasty is performed on the internal portion of the nose to improve airflow dynamics if the septum is deviated and causing a nasal obstruction.  Most severe nasal fractures also have a deviated septum, which needs to be addressed at the same time.  Silicone implants are not necessary.

+1

Hello, you are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty. Schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Facial Plastic surgeon. At your consultation the surgeon will do some photo imaging and explain all of your options to you. I would take a photo along of a nose that you like so that the surgeon has an idea of what your expectations are. Good luck to you.

David Alessi, MD