Is Having Rhinoplasty in the United Kingdom a Bad Idea?

HI everyone, I can only see the negatives of having rhinoplasty in the U.K. It has come to my attention that most plastic surgeons in the U.K. don't use virtual imaging software. I assume rhinoplasy is not as popular in the U.K. as it is in the United States and so the surgeons here don't have as much experience. also an average open rhinoplasty in the U.K. is around 5,300 pounds that's about 8,200 dollars should i go somewhere else in Europe and how can i find a good rhinoplasty surgeon?

Excellent rhinoplasty surgeons

+1

There are excellent rhinoplasty surgeons in the UK, so keep shopping until you find the right surgeon. Look at their credentials,  before and afters, ratings, reviews, testimonials and board certifications. Look for a surgeon  who has performed thousands of rhinoplasties  for best results

Good result from a rhinoplasty is related to the surgeon, not the country in which is performed.

+1

It is incumbent upon the patient to properly research surgeons prior to rhinoplasty. There are plenty of excellent plastic surgeons in England that can perform a good rhinoplasty. For you the issue is finding those.

Rhinoplasty in U.K.

+1

I am sure there are good surgeons in the U.K. that do rhinoplasty.  You need to be aware that if you may problems post operatively at home afterwards and need treatment.  It could be costly to fly back to the U.K. for treatment.   Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Rhinoplasty in the United Kingdom

+1

Dear howardrhinoplasty,

1. There are great surgeons everywhere in the world
  2. There may be some surgeons on RealSelf that you can find their reviews to find a good one
  3. You can also ask some general practitioners who may know of a good surgeon

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Rhinoplasty at home

+1

It is always best to stay local for surgery.  If you go out of your country for a procedure and you have problem, it may be difficult to seek assistance from another surgeon.

+1

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty in the UK

+1

I am sure that there are experienced plastic surgeons in the UK that perform cosmetic rhinoplasty on a routine basis.  Traveling thousands of miles from home for a cosmetic surgery is generrally recommended.  

Best plastic surgeon for nose.

+1

Best plastic surgeon for nose is the one in every country that does good natural noses that you like--not imaging on a computer!

Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi. This is a great question. The simple answer is that you don't need to travel the globe looking for the best surgeon. There are many fine plastic surgeons in every country. Search for a surgeon with a lot of experience in rhinoplasty including secondary or revision rhinoplasty. Ask to see before and after photos and to talk with previous patients. You might want to see several surgeons. Remember that your outcome is most dependent upon whom you choose as your surgeon. Good luck!

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS