I Had a Rhinoplasty Done in the Beginning of August Exactly 3 Months Ago. I Had a Wide Nose?

Basically he broke the bone to narrow it down. My nose shrunk after a month post surgery to a favorable size and had a great definition, but it got bigger again. Another problem, my nose is bigger in the morning when i wake up, and it gets a little thinner during the day. I have a thicker skin too. Do i have to be worried, or it will shrink again. My surgeon told me to pinch my nose down a nights

Wide nose after rhinoplasty

+1

Dear waris,

• The changes in swelling in the morning are normal
  • You may notice changes are worse when you eat a lot of salt or drink alcohol
  • Your nose is reshaping over these next few months, it will get better
  • Keep in close contact with your plastic surgeon and alert him of any changes

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Just Give It Time.

+1

If you were happy with your nose one month after surgery chances are you'll be pleased when healing is complete approximately 12 to 18 months after surgery.  Periods of swelling post-operatively are common and massaging or pinching the tip of your nose can't hurt.  Your nose is more swollen in the morning because you are lying down and during the course of the day the swelling improves.  However, if your surgeon feels that you are developing scar tissue another option is to inject steroids to slow down that process.

Eric Sadeh, MD

Nasal swelling

+1

If you liked the way your nose looked after surgery, the likelihood that this is swelling is high and it should get better with time. Good luck.