rhinoplasty in seoul korea. Can Asian bridge implant be removed easily after surgery? (Photo)

I agreed with the DR on a filling down or smoothing of a bump on my bridge and reduction of a small irregular bump on either nostril.I had surgery last week and am currently back in my home country, still swollen and in some pain and discomfort, the true shape of nose is still not clear.. but It feels like some kind of implant has been put in.. this is something we did not discuss or agree on pre-op.. and it is also something I didnt want nor expect to have done. I already had a strong prominent bridge

Implant

+2
You are too early post op to judge anything but anything placed in the nose can be removed relatively easily if need be so don't worry

Dr Corbin

Brea Plastic Surgeon

Removal of a dorsal implant

+1
I think you have to discuss with your surgeon via phone or video conference.  I would ask about the result and where he or she thinks it is going to go at this point.  It is early and impossible to tell what will happen, but your surgeon should have a good idea if this is going well and what (if anything) was put into your nose. 

Jay Calvert, MD

Rhinoplasty implant removal

+1
Hello ranmaboy,

It is quite early in the healing process to tell what your nasal shape would be. I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon regarding an implant and he or she should be able to inform you whether or not one was used. Swelling and discomfort is to be expected so early in the healing process.

Have a nice day.

Michael M. Kim, MD

Michael M. Kim, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty in seoul korea. Can Asian bridge implant be removed easily after surgery?

+1
   It is too early to determine the result as the swelling can be considerable at this early stage.

Rhinoplasty in Seoul

+1
Though it is still too early to tell the result, the bridge is actually a bit too low. The broad bridge on the front view will definitely narrow down with time and the upturned tip may drop down unless an implant had been inserted. Though it doesn't look like you have an implant based from your photos, it is always possible and quite simple to remove an implant if necessary.

Somyos Kunachak, MD
Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon