I Had a Rhinoplasty to Improve Profile a Week Ago But....

the tip looks bigger than before, and the bridge looks a little wider! The only satisfaction I got here is that my nose looks smaller from profile view more in harmony.. How long before the swelling subsides? Or those are permanent results of the nose? and is there anything I can do to speed up the process.. (Please check pic out) Thanks for your help doctors!!!! Have a great week.

Wider nose after rhinoplasty

+1
Its always difficult to assess the result of a rhinoplasty early on after surgery.  Depending on your medical history, anatomic problems, extent of surgery, grafts used, history of trauma, etc, the healing time can vary. I would return to your operating surgeon to get their opinion.

Expect swelling after rhinoplasty to take time to decrease

+1

Expect that there will be significant swelling a week after rhinoplasty.  The truth is that every case will vary in the amount of swelling there is depending on what is done during surgery and how the patient heals.  It is true that the end result of rhinoplasty is seen at about a year, though I hope you start seeing some results before that.  The second  week after surgery there will be a rapid decrease in swelling and by the end of a month about 85% of swelling is down.  Your nose usually starts looking rather 'socially acceptable' in that second week as well.  It is in the tip and lower parts of your nose where swelling persist the longest.  This is due to the disruption of lymphatic flow-the channels where your body absorbs swelling, and the wound and scar maturation that occurs over many months.  Steroid injections can sometimes improve the swelling.  Overall-be patient!  It is the combination of a good surgical technique, reasonable expectations, and bearing with the wound healing process that lead to a good out come.  Choose an experienced surgeon who will walk you through it!

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty 1 Week Ago

+1

Nobody has ever had a permanent result 1 week after any operation, including rhinoplasty. Changes will occur over the next year. The only thing you can do is be patient and follow your surgeon's recommendations.

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

Postoperative swelling after rhinoplasty takes months to resolve. By six months postoperative, the majority of the swelling is usually resolved, but it can take as long as a year to see where your final result will be. there is nothing that I know of that will speed us this process.

Topeka Plastic Surgeon

Nose at one week after surgery

+1

It is way too early to comment on the width and the tip being that it is only one week post-surgery.  Give it six months to a year.

Time for nasal swelling to subside after rhinoplasty

+1

It is still very early and there few things that you can do that will effectively speed up the healing and swelling other than trying to follow your doctor's recommendation. You can't plant a seed and expect it to bear fruit the next day. Biology takes time.

Swelling persists after rhinoplasty for up to 12 months

+1

Swelling persists after rhinoplasty for up to 12 months. As your swelling subsides and you begin to heal, your skin will "shrink wrap" around the framework of your new nose. This will provide improvement in definition and shape of your nasal tip and reduce the perceived width of your nasal bridge. Most improvement will take place in the first 3 months but this process continues for a year. I tell all of my patients before surgery, immediately before the case comes off and at every other time in the first month that their nose will not look smaller immediately after surgery and that sometimes this will take 3, 6 or even 12 months to take place.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/rhinoplasty/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy one week after rhinoplasty

+1
Rhinoplasties can be frustrating both for the patient and the surgeon. It will take about 12-18 months before you will see your final results. Just be patient. There's nothing to do but wait.
Paramus Plastic Surgeon