Would a Rhinoplasty Improve my Profile? (photo)

Ive always disliked my profile, but I can't exactly put my finger on why. I hate my nose, but I look at it and it is not nearly as "extreme" as lots of others. I would almost prefer if it had a hump or some other obvious problem, it would be easier to figure out what to correct. It does not fit my face at all and its just rather shapeless and unrefined and "pig snoutish".I also dislike the sagging skin over my eyes. My chin is weak or does it just appear that way from my nose being shapeless.

Supratip

+1

For starters, I think you have a nice looking nose. I do understand what you mean when you say it lacks something. The hump on your nose is very straight and in continuity with the tip, it is hard to tell when the hump ends and the tip begin. The supratip is the region of the nose right between the tip and the dorsum. By carving some of the cartilage on your dorsum, we can give you a little break at the supra tip which I think would make your look even nicer. I dont think you need a chin augmentation based on the pictures you have posted.

Time for profile correction?

+1

Mikka77

Your photos are helpful, as is your description. However, you should have true dual-flash medical photography performed and analyzed with you to determine what (if any) issues are present.  More importantly, an experienced rhinooplasty surgeon can help you decide if any given changes are the right thing for you.  Ideals of nasal shape, etc belong in textbooks but do not apply to every person.  Computer imaging can help you visualize possible results, but make sure that your surgeon keeps it realistic.  This is why it is important you do imaging in an office with a rhinoplasty surgeon. Remember that any such images are not the way things turn out in real life, due to variations in healing, etc.

Sam Most, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to Improve Profile

+1

A subtle reduction in your profile will achieve significant refinement in your appearance. Your tip contour should also be improved. A full set of nasal pictures as described on my website will help me give you specific recommendations. They will also help me respond to your questions about your chin and eyes.

Rhinoplasty for profile improvement

+1

It's a really good idea to make sure you very specific goals in mind prior to undergoing elective cosmetic rhinoplasty. Rhinoplasty refinement can create many different changes in the nose such as decreasing the projection,giving more tip definition, sidewall definition and turning the tip downwards. Virtual rhinoplasty imaging software is available  on our website to give yourself an idea of what you're  nose might look like and communicate better with your surgeon  on your specific goals for rhinoplasty

Would a Rhinoplasty Improve my Profile?

+1

Yes, but you need just a touch, be careful with the exes, consult a very qualified surgeon.   

Translation provided by doctor:

Si, pero necesita solamente un toque, sea cuidadosa con los exesos, consulte a un cirujano bien entrenado.

Maria Cristina Picon, MD
Argentina Plastic Surgeon

Rhino?

+1

Mikka, although your pictures are better than many I've seen here they are not optimal which makes a true evaluation difficult. I would tell you from what I can see you do not have a terribly unattractive nose. There are very few noses that I see that I think I can not improve somewhat. It becomes a cost benefit analysis. Find three rhinoplasty specialists and look at a lot of their photos; no or little photos, look elsewhere. Try and find someone with at least 10-15 years of experience and pick the physician that makes you the most comfortable. I'm quite sure if you do have a rhinoplasty it would be a finesse procedure to refine your nose and not radically change your nose. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for minor changes

+1

Rhinoplasty surgery could benefit your nose.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an exam, and to discuss your expectations and concerns.  Best to you!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Rhinoplasty to improve profile appearance

+1

Hello Mikka77,

From your photos I can see that your profile does have a bit of convexity to it, especially in the area above the tip of the nose. I can also get a sense that your tip is somewhat upturned. I suspect that your nose can be rebalanced by addressing this along with your tip over-projection and somewhat prominent columella and you wouldn't end up needing chin surgery at all.

A very helpful next step would be to have computer morphing done in the office to simulate the various manuevers that could be done during surgery and to give you a better idea of what changes could be made to your nose.

In the meantime, you can read more about addressing bridge fullness at my web reference link below.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Would a Rhinoplasty Improve my Profile

+1

You have a slight dorsal deformity which can be remedied with a dorsal reduction. The slight bit of columellar overhang can be treated and some tip refinement would help your profile. A chin implant is not needed.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Rhinoplasty for improvement of the profile.

+1

Your profile can be improved with very subtle reduction of your hump. You should choose a very experienced surgeon since you have a very short nose to begin with and many times with tip work this can be further shortened if the surgeon is not experienced.