Will a Rhinoplasty Improve my Facial Structure/enhance Other Features?

I am currently saving up to afford Rhinoplasty myself. I was advised to ask this question (of many others... My nose isnt too bad. It does however detract from my overall facial structure/features in my opinion. I've quite a small face and it just doesnt suit at all :( My question is, to you the experts, "In what way will rhinoplasty enhance my features overall from what you can see in the picture?" I came across this question on a forum. Thank you very much!

Small face rhinoplasty

+3

Your nose looks too large for your face, I agree with that.  In response to your question, I think that one of your nicest features is your mouth.  If you successfully reduce the size of your tip and bridge of your nose, you'll be able to see your lips more.  In assessment of your nose, the tip is bulbous and has a mild cleft in it from your overdeveloped lower lateral cartilages.  As the dorsum (bridge) of your nose comes down it will make the entire nose appear smaller.  As the nose decreases, all other features come in to prominence and in your case, that's favorable.  Good luck

Rhinoplasty on a pretty face

+3

You have a very attractive face, not a funny face as your name would have suggested.  Bringing down the dorsal hump and refining the roundedness of the tip will make you look like yourself but with more delicacy centrally.  Remember, you are already very pretty!

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

You appear to be a good candidate for well-performed Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+2

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos. Rhinoplasty surgery could achieve tip narrowing and deprojection, along with removal of your profile-bump. Care should be taken not to add any more rotation to your tip. You may have thin skin which could predispose you to developing visible cartilage irregularities in your tip, so as always, go on several consultations with reputable rhinoplasty specialists. You should see many photos of others with similar concerns before proceeding.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards from NJ.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to Improve Facial Features

+2

Hi,

By reducing the overall size of your nose, your other facial features such as your eyes and your lips will be more in balance with your nose. This will improve your facial harmony and you will look more balanced. So the answer is yes, a rhinoplasty will enhance your looks.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

+2

I would agree with Dr. Rand. I am always reminded to look in the mirror at my own crooked nose before criticizing another person. However, I see a modest bony/cartilage hump with a slightly full (aka "bulbous tip"). Your nostrils and rotation of the tip (angle with the upper lip) are otherwise proportionate. A hump reduction, infracture, and tip rhinoplasty should be all to refine the apperance of the nose.

Enhance Facial Feature with Rhinoplasty

+1

I like to tell patients that a great rhinoplasty is seen not in the nose but in the face - especially the eyes. This is because with the rhinoplasty surgery, the unaesthetic components that draw attention are corrected, allowing the other facial features to become more noticable.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will Rhinoplasty Enhance other Facial Features

+1

A reduction rhinoplasty with hump removal and improved tip definition will bring your nose into proportion with your other facial characteristics - proportion is beauty. People will no longer be ditracted from all your very positive facial features by a large nose. 

Rhinoplasty

+1

A rhinoplasty that is done well can bring t he face into  balance.   A nasal hump and tip fullness can both be softened. 

Rhinoplasty and Facial Harmony

+1

Refinements in the size and shape of your nose, via rhinoplasty, will allow all facial features to reach a greater harmony.  Refining the nose will allow the nose to better blend in with the other facial features, rather than being the focal point of the face.  While the rhinoplasty will not "change" any of your other facial features, it will allow the admirer to appreciate the beauty of all your features rather than place emphasis on the nose.  You are already a lovely looking young woman...you need to first understand that prior to moving forward....Good Luck, Dr. Corrado.

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to improve facial appearance.

+1

If you want the nose to be straight, the bump gone, and the tip refined, etc then the answer is yes a rhinoplasty will do all of that. Choose an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the best result.