Rhinoplasty Ice and Tape

This may sound a little odd but here goes. I just had a nose job about a month ago and the graft on the tip of my nose shifted immediately after the surgery, but the doc didn't see it - so I was wondering if it's okay to put tape on it to gently "pull it back" into a centered position. The doc wants to go back in in a few months and I was worried about everything healing in the wrong location. Also is it okay to ice down the swelling?

Ice and tape

+1

When grafts shift it's because of the shrink wrap effect of the skin pulling on them as the nose heals. Tape will not put them back into position. Follow your surgeon's advice on timeline and action.

West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Slipped graft

+1

I think you should stick with your surgeon and follow his advice. I do not recommend ice after surgery because of the risk to the tape and cast.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD