I think my nose is too wide for my face - Will Rhinoplasty help me? (Photo)

Hi realself! my nose is too big for my face big,wide,misshapen with thick skin I wnt to knw if a nose job will help me I've read that oily skin is a no no and not much can come out of it and if I do get it done I won't see any results for upto 2 yrs This is scary, I've always wanted a narrower,smaller, if not super defined nose Will rhinoplasty help? I know exactly what I want. the nose bridge to be narrowed,the overall width reduced,tip reshaped and the mole gone Can anything be done?

Will Rhinoplasty Help Me?

+2
I think you can get a better, more natural result than the example you provided because the different components of her nose are not proportional. You do have thicker skin but you will see a significant improvement within a year of your surgery.

Will rhinoplasty help me?

+2
The tip can be refined and bridge narrowed through a closed rhinoplasty approach without a visible scar to produce a natural result.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Rhinoplasty candidate with thick tip skin

+2
Closed rhinoplasty techniques can certainly improve your nose. To narrow the nasal bridge, medial and lateral osteotomies will need to be performed on the nasal bones. Tip suturing techniques of the lower lateral cartilages will narrow and refine the tip. The mole can be shaved off the nose for cosmetic purposes. Close postoperative followup with cortisone injections to the tip, Blenderm tape will be required  in the postoperative phase due to the thick oily pigmented skin that is present in the  tip area. 

Rhinoplasty

+2
Thank you for the photos. You are good candidate for cosmetic rhinoplasty. In the right hands you can achieve a more elegant and more feminine nose. I would use a closed rhinoplasty approach with possible Weir Excisions. Although your skin appears thick we can de-fat the internal area to help reduce the effect of the thick skin. 
Make sure to go to an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in noses and look at his/her Before and After pics

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

Rhinoplasty with thick, oily skin

+1
Although it is true that the definition created at the time of rhinoplasty can be masked somewhat by thick skin, your nose can definitely be made more narrow and overall smaller.  Cartilage grafts could be considered to improve tip definition. 

Perry J. Johnson, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon