Ask a doctor

I have a very strange nose - Will Rhinoplasty help me? (photo)

Its very large and if i speak or laugh the nose moves with my face and looks crooked...what type of nose is it and can rhinoplasty make it smaller amd normal??

Doctor Answers (4)


You are an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty.  The photos you show suggest that your nose is quite long and likely a bit over-projected.  These are correctable issues.  Regarding who does your surgery, seek an experienced surgeon who performs a lot of rhinoplasties---the specialty and board certification are secondary issues.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will rhinoplasty help me?

A closed rhinoplasty can be used to elevate and deproject the tip and refine the bridge.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD

Los Angeles, CA

Kenneth B. Hughes, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 180 reviews

You might also like...

Is there help ??

My recommendation is to get a consultation with a fully trained and experienced plastic surgeon. Don't feel like the Lone Ranger as I am sure that your surgeon has probably seen and operated on a nose that is stranger than yours. 

Robert E. Zaworski, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 23 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.