Would Rhinoplasty Help Me. I Have a Pretty Ugly Nose? Huge Hump and Crooked? (photo)

Rhinoplasty

+2

You can definitely improve your nose with a rhinoplasty.  You should have a great result.  See a surgeon who does frequent rhinoplasty surgery.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Rhinoplasty

+2

Your nose has many features that can be improved.  You can have a straighter nose without a hump and still have it look masculine.  You have a narrow face and your nose is out of proportion to your nose.   Whether you need to have any septal work done depends on your any breathing issues.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Etnic Rhinoplasty correction

+1

Nose reshaping should help blend your nose more into your face. Several things can specifically be done to accomplish this for you including removing cartilage and even narrowing the nostrils.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Candidate?

+1

Based on the photos provided, your nose has features that would be helped with rhinoplasty including straightening and hump removal.  In addition, the tip of your nose appears to be dependent on the bridge of the nose for support.  With hump removal, tip support may be required if this lack of tip strength is noted.  During consultation, your surgeon should be able to discuss the techniques and expectations.

Pamela Henderson, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

If you are unhappy with the appearance of your nose, I think you are an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty. My best advice is to select your surgeon carefully as skill level with rhinoplasty varies considerably.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Would Rhinoplasty Help Me. I Have a Pretty Ugly Nose? Huge Hump and Crooked?

+1

I think that rhinoplasty in the right hands can reduce the hump and straighten the nose, while still leaving it masculine.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty

+1

Based on your photos it appears that you could benefit from rhinoplasty surgery to have a straighter profile appearance to enhance your facial appearance.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek.  In our office, we perform 3-d computer imaging will also help you visualize what you may look like after surgery.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Rhinoplasty for hump reduction and crooked nose

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure would involve shaving down the dorsal hump which is composed of both bone and cartilage. Osteotomies will be required to straighten the nasal bones and close the open roof  after the hump reduction. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available on our website  along with in our rhinoplasty Photo Gallery link below

Rhinoplasty for crooked nose

+1

Thank you for the question and your pictures. You can definitely improve the appearance (and function) of your nose with rhinoplasty. Making the nose perfectly straight, however, is often challenging, and subtle "crookedness" can persist even after reshaping the bones.  Best of luck moving forward!

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Computer Imaging Can Help

+1

While I agree that your nose has a hump rhinoplasty is a serious surgical procedure and should not be taken lightly. Computer imaging can be helpful to determine if you postoperative goal is in line with the ideal for your nose. Of course computer imaging is merely an exercise for surgeon and patient to agree on aesthetic goals and not an guarantee of a final result which is a product of surgical technique, healing and individual anatomy. 

With that said, to answer your questions simply - I think you could benefit from a rhinoplasty procedure. We provide consultations for out of town patients via skype. 

Choose a surgeon who is well versed in ethnic rhinoplasty. 

Sejal M. Patel, MD