Can Rhinoplasty Help my Nose Look Better? (photo)

Hello Everyone..I am an Indian..27 years of age..I have always hated my big nose.. can rhinoplasty help me in fixing my nose?

Can Rhinoplasty Help my Nose Look Better?

+1

Dear Idefinehell,

Thank you for your question and photo.  Yes, your nose can be made smaller and more refined to compliment your face.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+1

The tip, alar base,  and dorsum can be narrowed to refine the nose in the manner you would probably like.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

Yes, Rhinoplasty would be able to refine and narrow the nose.  This would entail suturing the upper lateral cartilages together as they are quite wide.  The nostril flare can be reduced with Weir incisions.

Rhinoplasty to narrow and wide tip and nostrils

+1

To narrow the nose there  may need to be some minor adjustments to the tip cartilages which can narrow the tip. An alar-plasty  is performed to narrow wide nostrils to bring base of the nose in balance with a remainder of the nose. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available on our website.

+1

Yes, rhinoplasty can be performed to make your nose smaller. It will be important for you to consult with a highly experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who has performed the type of surgery you are seeking many, many times. If you are looking to make the base of your nose more narrow you will want to specifically inquire about that and review your chosen surgeons pre and post surgery photos. Those are straight-forward changes to make but can create significant problems in inexperienced hands. I hope this information is helpful. Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon