Will Rhinoplasty Help Make my Face More Feminine/attractive? (Photo)

I’m 32 year old married mum and am not happy with my face in particular my big bulbous nose. Have included some pics. Would Rhinoplasty help make my face more feminine/attractive? What could be done to my nose to improve it? My husband is worried what if having Rhinoplasty makes me look worse...would computer imaging help? give us a good indication of the outcome of procedure/op? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Feminine Face after Rhinoplasty

+2

Your nasal tip can be narrowed and refined and the curve of your nostril rim reduced. I need more pictures to comment further. A rhinoplasty would be beneficial because your nose does distract from your other very nice facial features. Look for an experienced surgeon whose results you like in noses like yours.

Will Rhinoplasty Help Make my Face More Feminine/attractive?

+1

This is a very common question and represents a common misconception regarding facial beauty.  Aesthetically speaking the attractiveness, of the face, male or female is determined by several key facial features.  In the order of highest beauty priority these include: the cheeks, eye area (eyes and eyebrows) and the lips.  The nose can distract attention, from these top three beauty features, but does not have the ability to make the face more attractive in and of itself.  

From the photos provided, the cheeks are flat making the face appear less soft and feminine.  The eyebrows are low and the lips are a bit thin.  Cheek Augmentation with fillers (I prefer Perlane) or cheek implants would make the face appear heart-shaped and more naturally attractive/feminine.  A Browlift and Lip Augmentation (following the proper aesthetic propoertion of the lips) would also make the face more attractive.  A Rhinoplasty can refine the nose which would increase the attention to these more important aesthetic features.  Hope this helps.

+1

The tip can certainly be reduced to give a more refined look and better facial balance.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty and Tip Reduction

+1

You could benefit from a rhinoplasty.You have identified the fact that your tip is wide and the wide tip could be addressed during a rhinoplasty.Computer imaging would be most helpful to aid in the visualization of potential results.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

I don't see anything wrong with your nose and it does not look masculine to me so I do not know how you can make the nose more feminine. You could trim the tip cartilages a little if you wish but I would advise against any aggressive nasal surgery.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip

+1

The bulbous tip does tend to make the nose look rather wide, boxy, and bottom heavy, and out of proportion with the rest of the nose and facial features. To address the bulbous tip, rhinoplasty performed with special attention to suturing the tip cartilages together along with conservative cartilage removal. The surgery is  performed as an outpatient procedure under brief general anesthesia.Please see our bulbous tip rhinoplasty photo gallery below.

Rhinoplasty and the rest of the face

+1

The nose is the aesthetic bull’s eye of the face. As goes the nose so goes the face. That is to say the nose as a huge impact on the perception of attractiveness and gender if you will for the entire face. As you have noted you have a bulbous tip, a wide tip. It is distraction and takes away from the true assets you have in you other attractive/feminine features such as your nice eyes, eyebrows and mouth/lips. Your expectations seem reasonable; your diagnosis is spot on. Visit with multiple qualified surgeons, discuss you options. You can look to the rhinoplasty society website for dedicated surgeons in your area.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Nose Job / Rhinoplasty

+1

Ok so as you can imagine it is hard to tell from pictures especially one view but you do look like you are a good candidate for softening of your face, hence making it a bit more feminine.  Your tip can be narrowed but a good rhinoplasty is SO much more complicated and there are a lot of small subtle but critical maneuvers to make your nose better and remain natural.  A good doctor will analyze all views of your nose and help you understand what things can/should be changed and what should be left alone.  I am NOT a fan of computer animation.  It can really only help with your profile and that at best.  It is very misleading and usually a good SELLING tool more than a teaching tool.  Look at your doctors work and make sure they explain things well. You should look very good.

Hope that helps.  Good Luck

Dr Rahban

Rady Rahban, MD

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip etc.

+1

A rhinoplasty done by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon is what you need. Do NOT go by imaging but rather meet with patients the surgeon has done or look at photos as a lesser choice.